Connecting Phonak M90 to Samsung Smart TV using Bluetooth

I just got the M90’s and have connected via bluetooth to my Samsung smart TV using the bluetooth capability of the TV. The sound comes through the HA in short bursts and then silence for several seconds. I have a sound bar on the TV that is connected with the optical output. I tried disconnecting the sound bar and the problem is the same.
I have the bluetooth connector accessory for the HA’s and when that is connected the bluetooth to the aids is fine but all functionality of the TV remotes doesn’t work and the only volume control is on the TV bluetooth connector across the room. (Remember the days before TV remote’s?)
Additionally, there is only one optical output from the TV and you either connect the sound bar or the TV connector device. The sound bar can connect to the TV connector device via an audio output on the sound bar but this is what removes all volume functionality from the TV remotes.
This is my second pair of M90’s since the first pair’s bluetooth was defective out of the box.

Ideally there is a solution to connecting to the TV bluetooth connection. I will contact Phonak support when they are open but in the meantime has anyone had this problem?

The volume controls on the aids should change TV volume while connected to the TV Connector.

Thanks. Was hoping that there could be a level on the aids for me and the TV volume could be for other listeners. Seems like the whole point would to be aid my hearing loss without affecting other listeners?

I bought an optical splitter that sends the TV audio to my sound system and my phonak BT transmitter simultaneously, no lag. The result has been great. I hear deep bass from my subwoofer and the higher frequencies through the HAs. The TV volume is controlled via the sound system. Sounds convoluted, but I’ve been using this setup for 12 months without any changes. I have been able to hear news and sports commentators clearly for the first time in many years and still experience the “roar of the crowd” in the background.

Good to know. I’m wondering if I could use an HDMI to Optical cable adapter ($19 on Amazon) to the TV converter and leave my existing optical cable connection to the sound bar.

An optical to optical splitter works great.
Ours works great with a sound bar and the TV Connector.

1 Like