Connecting Hearing aids to Smart TV

I have a pair of Siemens Pure PX 5 & Easytek and would like to know if anyone has been able to connect their easytek directly to Samsung Smart TV without the TV Transmitter device ?

Or connect to their Samsung phone and then be able to connect to the hearing aids ?

I would like to listen to the TV through my aids

Wondering what other Makes of hearing aids that can connect directly to a smart TV

Thanks

It should connect to the EasyTek, as any Bluetooth device should. I can’t say if it will work as well as the tv transmitter, or be as convenient to start and stop. The HA manufacturers TV transmitters do a really good job, but if you have the Bluetooth device for your brand then the Bluetooth tv should connect and work fine.

2 Likes

When connecting your hearing aids (or streamer/tek) directly to your TV via bluetooth you normally have to deal with missing lipsyncs between audio and video. Common versions of the bluetooth-protocols take up to 300ms to transmit audio. Newer or specific versions of bluetooth (AptX) are much faster. But I doubt that the HA manufacturers implement them into their streamer or tek (or even into the HA).
The TV-connectors made by the HA-manufacturers themself use proprietary changes of the bluetooth protocol to implement fast audio transmits.

2 Likes

Personally, I agree with you. After a few of these discussions over the years, however, it seems that some people aren’t that sensitive to it. I’d say to the op, give it a go and see. I don’t have the Easytek so I can’t give you step-by-step advice. Refer to the manuals for the tv and tor the Easytek for pairing. Are you sure that the tv has Bluetooth Audio?

2 Likes

Yes. Set audio delay to 100 msec. Pick pcm instead of Dolby. If there is a choice for optimized audio, do NOT select it. Any additional sound processing by the tv will screw up the delay (latency). I was able to make the bluetooth connection equally effective as the FM transmitter. I have Pure, easytek, and Samsung Tv

3 Likes

Thanks guys for the help