ConnectClip issues

If you have the Oticon ON app installed to can check your firmware rev. Go into the information page and tap on the picture of the hearing aids. That will bring up the firmware revision number and hearing aid serial numbers.

Here is an old picture from before I updated the firmware. Mine now show 6.0 Software.

After installing the app, I found that my aids aren’t paired. How can I pair them?

By which I mean they aren’t paired to each other. This is probably because my right aid was defective and was replaced but never repaired with the left one

Use this guide. Instructions for pairing with the iPhone and Android are on pages 7 through 13.

opn-re-pairing-guide.pdf (6.2 MB)

1 Like

My problem is that the left hearing aid and right hearing aid aren’t paired with each other. They individually pair with connectclip, but since the left aid doesn’t see the right one and vice versa, they never pair with connect clip concurrently

I’m going to hazard a guess here and bet that your hearing aids are at two different firmware revisions. Can you see one aid at a time in the Oticon ON app?

Regardless, I think this will require a trip back to your Audi to have him check out your aids and ConnectClip.

The hearing aids pair to each other when they are detected by the Genie programming software during the initial programming.

You can’t pair them without the software. You will need to take them back to your Audi to have him check them out for you.

WOW, I am not alone, only a bit deaf!

Yes, I have the same problem. It happens in every device where I connect the sound cut outs.

I got my aids just a week ago.

man, I have just received my second ones, after three days, the same problem.

How can it be possible?

Some people have found the aids stay connected better if you do not have the app on your phone.

1 Like

I’d seriously look at some other device causing interference at the 2.4ghz band.
Does sound cut out only at home?
Is your phone software up to date?

Lastly, have you used the search tool (Top Right of this window) to look for another recent thread on this topic?
There are some excellent steps to take both with your CClip & phone to try to remedy the issues.

You mean something like a microwave oven? Wi-Fi? So many devices use that unlicensed spectrum.

1 Like

yes, exactly, any or all the above can cause interference w/bt devices, as well as other 2.4ghz devices.
Most electronic equipment mfs have a warning in their user manuals regarding interference from other devices on 2.4 ghz.

1 Like

I’ll add a few more devices to the list → wifi security camera, wifi thermostat, wifi garage door opener, wifi security cameras, wifi door locks, wifi refrigerator, wifi washer, wifi dryer, wifi portable AC units, wifi lamps, wifi light bulbs, wifi on/off switches, etc, etc. And although wifi routers now support both the faster 5 GHz connection beside supporting the 2.4 GHz wifi connection, almost all the wifi-based devices around the house that I mentioned above only works on 2.4 GHz wifi. So sometimes people just use the 2.4 GHz wifi band on their router for everything, including laptops and PCs and smart phones and tablets, even though these devices can connect to the 5 GHz band just fine.

You missed some cordless phone handsets. At work we deploy both 2.4 GHz and 5GHz wireless but the 2.4 GHz only gets minimal support. There are too many interference variables. We have computers set to prefer 5 GHz wireless.

As an IT, having a problem not resolved with this devices was driving me mad.

Here I am with the solution.

The problem are both, the hearing aid device and the ConnectClip (to know exactly who is de problem I would need more similar devices to arrive to a conclusion.

But here the solution.

after tactory reset the connectclip you have to delete the devices from Genie 2. then sync everything and thats it.

ps: In the Genie 2 I had two different phones associated if that can help someone.

You don’t need to factory reset the ConnectClip actually, just deleting the device from Genie 2 does the trick.

I was not sure at the moment while troubleshooting in front of the guy in the shop. The guy had people waiting, so I tried to do all the tests asap.

Thanks for the info. I am pretty sure the problem will appear again due to I have to change phone again. It is sad the end user cannot do this by themselves. I would be very happy to have something like Genie 2 to see all de devices that interacts with.

I think doing DIY is the only way to do that.

Could you give any hint?