Concerns with Phonak TV Connector, previous user of ComPilot II & TVLink II

BACKGROUND: The VA Med CTR issued these amazing Phonak Marvel M90RTs to replace my Phonak Audeo V90-312. The hearing experience has been terrific with both. But I only have a few week’s experience figuring out what is going on - and what is now noticeably missing.

CONCERN(s): With the newer issue the ComPilot II/TV Link II system has been replaced by the TV Connector D. 1> the range of the TV Connector D is much shorter - probably half the distance and less likely to penetrate the walls 2> the TV Link II had a feature that allowed the user to block background noise, ie, auto tire noise, bathroom exhaust fan, water running into the sink, 3> in order to disconnect from a TV, radio, or cellphone and listen to a person talking to me I now have to reach up to the HA and press the UP Button to disconnect. This little procedure takes a few seconds and is annoying to the person asking a question - not to mention the extraordinary motions I go through to disconnect.

ADDITIONAL CONCERN: I have seen on this site there is a SETUP Procedure/Software available to assist in explaining the features and functions of the Phonak Marvel 90. If I am not mistaken the s/w mentioned is Target. Do I access this s/w via the internet or from the VA?

I realize it’s a bit picky bringing this up - but this seems to be a remarkable difference. When I used the TV Link II it was simple to press the LARGE Center button. To get back to the media - simply press again. Took a fraction of a second. Is there a way to shorten the disconnect/listen/reconnect procedure?

I miss the simplicity of the Compilot2 also.

But, there is a small Remote Control available for your Marvel aids. It can change programs and volume with the push of a button.

Thanks for bringing this up. This has got me concerned as well.

I like the fact I can walk around the whole house and hear my TV with the C-Pilot II and Link II. I also like that I can reduce the background noise as well via the C-Pilot.

Mmmm, will have to investigate more on a way to solve this issue.

Raudrive -

I did not find the remote in the accessories. Perhaps I didn’t look long enough? I did hear about a Remote that would simply turn HAs On/Off. Not change channels which would be a significant help.

Can you provide a lead I could follow up?

I am curious about using the ComPilot II system with the Marvel system. The Marvel Bluetooth literature says something about being compatible with a number of devices; like phone, PCs, etc.

Perhaps there may be a compatibility issue to be redesigned.

This is a pretty good price.
https://www.amazon.com/Phonak-Marvel-Remote-Control/dp/B081D9K9XD

Changes programs . . . ! What I am interested in. The review is less than impressive however. His comment says it all, though . . I am back to the HA’s Rocker Switch for now.

I will buy this remote. It does exactly what I need. The one huge reason needed is to change program when my wife wants to talk when I am watching TV with the TC Connector. The one bad review is exactly that. From your original post this remote would fix you up.

Anyway, good luck.

Thank you! I’ll discuss with Audi.

OK! I received the REMOTE today. It solves 3 > in my original post - with a slight disparity. When necessary ithe REMOTE does address eliminating excessive background noise like the function of the ComPilot II’s ‘hold the minus button down’.

Since I am in a steep learning curve I called Phonak and forwarded to a number of useful manuals. As I recall Google search search: ‘myphonak 3.0.0’ is a great starting point.

1 Like