Comunicate with OTICON :)

Ok, so I wanted to try Oticon Real 1 here in Romania but the local partner told me that they won’t bring the Reals model anytime soon (too expensive and they still have More on stock I guess :slight_smile: )

So I have sent an email to Demant group asking for help :grin:

After 3 days I’ve got an unexpected answer :slight_smile:

7 Likes

Is the Real 1 substantially more expensive than the More 1 it replaces? I wouldn’t think so?
I just picked up some Philips 9040’s and they were actually cheaper than what I paid for my 9030’s.

well,my guess is that they still have More in stock and they first want to sell those…anyways, I don’t care, I wanna test Real.

Is “they” here Oticon or the local authorized dealer in Romania who makes the decision not to import and sell the Real yet?

It makes me wonder how the sale model works between an authorized dealer and the manufacturer. Whether the dealer is stuck with the inventory at hands and must get rid of them first, or whether the inventory belongs to Oticon and Oticon can turn it over with newer models anytime they want.

sorry, yes, “they”.
OTICON is cool, I liked their email.

believe me, I’ve called them many times, I’ve sent a few emails (to Romsound).
The answer always was something like “we do not intend to bring Real anytime soon, look how expensive is More, who is gonna buy Real?”

So yes, they got stock, I guess.
(don’t know if the stock belongs to them or to Oticon)

@Liviu The response from Oticon is Real good, one couldn’t ask for More :joy:

1 Like

lol , good one bro :joy:

1 Like

so yes, now waiting for the instruments.
I am so curious about Oticon even currently I am liking Signia, I just wanna take a drive test with OTICON to.make sure I’ve tested them all.

yes, saw it.
it depends on how you interpret the message.
I also can understand it as: ok, doesn’t fit you, please try other brand, like… politely:)

A hearing aid manufacturer that hears what people say. Wow

2 Likes

I hate my Oticon Real 1 HAs.

What is the problem? I love Oticon aids and my Real1 aids are wonderful. I have been wearing aids 20 years and Oticon aids 14 years.

this is not helpful…

1 Like

Thank you for your input. Actually this forum is the first one that has offered excellent advice and information. I have worn Octicon HAs for seven years. My first pair were issue free for 6 years. My audiologist recommended the newer version, Oticon Real 1. Since I’ve had them, I’ve had multiple problems. In fact after the first week, my audiologist and the company recommended that I send my new $4,500+ HAs back which I did. While some issues were fixed, I still have daily connectivity problems and in the middle of some days, they restart for no reason (without taking them off).

I’ve been told by many that it is my older iPhone and a new iPhone will solve the problem. With an investment of $4,500 already, another $700 is not in my budget. And those with newer iPhones complain loudly about the problems my HAs have caused. Buying a phone is not the solution.

I started researching the problems with Oticon Real 1. I am not alone. There are hundreds of complaints on line with problems similar to mine. My phone rings and I am unable to hear until I hit speaker. When I listen to podcasts or try to use my car speaker my HAs do not connect. My HAs spin on my phone and drain my phone battery. I re-pair, connect, my Oticons to my phone multiple times a day. This Never happened with my first pair ever.

I am on this community of HA wearers for four reasons:

1. To warn others about Octicon Real 1 if they are considering a purchase.
  2. To learn about solutions or information I should have been given Before purchase. For example, I just learned Oticon has a list of phones that are compatible with Real Neither the company nor my audiologist in two calls to Oticon customer service gave me this information.
  3. There is quite a bit of chatter online that the Real 1 is coming out with a newer version this spring.
  4. I’d like to be part of the solution. I would work with the company to monitor my HA problems and help find a solution for others.

I was brief in my post because I have written lengthy posts and answered so many questions without result. I’m pleased to see you noticed and cared. This HA community is the most knowlegable and kind group I’ve found in 7 months. Thank you for your input.

Susan

2 Likes

Susan I have definitely noticed there are a lot of people who complain about the Oticon Reals. I have seen quite a few different videos on YouTube with people making complaints about them. Actually those videos stopped me from upgrading. I have OPN S1’s presently and love them. I had looked at reveiws of the More’s when they came out and the improvements seemed minor. When the Reals came out I was surprised to see complaints. I am holding on to my OPN S1’s for dear life right now LOL Lets hpe the next hearing aids they come out with are a real improvement.

I would take your “output” and create a separate post
I’ve opened this one for a very specific issue.

thank you for your understanding.