Compilot II - no sound

Hi there

I have Phonak Audeo V90 hearing aids and a Compilot II.

• I am able to pair the Compilot II to my cell phone
  • I am able to play the test sound and hear it with my hearing aids
  • I am NOT able to hear anything through the Compilot pairing when using this setup!
  • When I turn on the Compilot II i do not hear the message “Compilot On”
  • the lights are “slow blink” blue (connected to the phone) and “slow blink” green (power ok)

Any hints on how get this to work?

For reference, I also have the Compilot Air II. It works perfectly…

Thanks
Alex

If you are using the Air as a remote as well, no other ComPilot will work.

The compilot needs to paired to your HAs in the software for streaming.

Oh! I did not know that!! Is there a way to disable the Air, so I can enable the Compilot II?

My reason for wanting to do this is because I’d like to use the setup as a wireless headset for “virtual office” meetings. I thought that the larger Compilot II would have better sound, reception, and battery life.

Do you know if this assumption is correct?

Yes sorry I see that now, in the target software it shows that both compilot air ll and compilot ll can be linked to the V90 in the same session.
Can you confirm you are using the neck loop with the compilot and that its plugged into the connections firmly.

Yes, I am using the neck loop. I believe it’s connected properly. It will play the test sound… would that mean the loop is working?

I’m wondering if that test sound is actually the remote control features, can you change volume and program changes?
In the software you need to check the the boxes for voice alerts or Beeps only.

I did this "Press and hold the main button
while switching on the device.
The indicator light will turn pink. The hearing aids will switch to
streaming mode and you will hear
the sound demonstration. "

When doing this, the hearing aids did say “Compilot on”… then is played music. I was able to turn it up and down.

I do not know about the software you mention

Well that sounds like it’s connected then?
So if you hear that through your HAs.
When did you get the compilot 2, was it part of a bundle when you brought your HAs?

The only sound I can get the Compilot II to play through the HAs is the test sound. Although it is showing as paired to my phone, no sound goes through the HAs when I attempt to make a call or stream (things I have successfully done with the Air II)

And, when I simply turn on the Compilot II, it DOES NOT say “Compilot on”… only says that in test mode

I got everything at once about 4 years ago. I’ve never attempted to use the Compilot II until now, as I’ve only recently thought about using it as a headset… thought it would be better quality than the Air.

Ok so this shows that compilot 2 has already been paired to your HAs by your audiology clinic.

so when paired to your phone, in Bluetooth settings If you click on the compilot, get the to the settings and make sure all the settings are turned on.

Also one other thing you should try is unpair the compilot air from your phone.

hmm… I don’t seem to have the same screen. If I go to Bluetooth>my devices>Compilot II then hit the little info icon, I just get "forget this device, disconnect, and sync contacts

ok, I just went into my bluetooth devices and “forgot” everything - Compilot II and Air II.
rediscovered the Compilot II. re-paired no problem.

I have a feeling that this problem isn’t at the phone end… even if I have the phone turned off, I would expect that when I turn on the Compilot II, I would hear “Compilot on”. I do not

Sure sounds like the Compilot2 has not been linked to the aids in Target.

I asked about getting a second ComPilot and was told that both can be enabled for streaming but both can’t be used as a remote control.

EDIT - this is the email I got. The word loch, is meant to say lock.

ComPilot can work straight out the box but not so if used as a remote control.

1 Like

Spoke w the clinic. Looks like the Compilot II was never set up. As I don’t have access to Target software, and the clinic is closed until the Covid-19 situation is resolved, it looks like I’m stuck waiting… Thanks everyone for your help and suggestions!

ComPilot will work straight out the box. You only need it set up if you use it as a remote control as well.

Hi Zebras, thanks for sticking with me trying to figure this out! When I spoke with the audiologist, she asked me to disconnect the loop, turn the Compilot II off, then hold it a few inches away from my ears/HAs and turn it on, did I hear a “beep beep beep startup tone?” I did not. She said that it seems a visit to the clinic will be required to setup in Target. Do you know if this is something I can do at home? The clinic is closed due to Covid-19.