Yesterday, my woman almost managed to stifle a laugh, when I bent forward and plunged my Phonak ComPilot 2 into my very nice Calvados. Even though alcohol isn’t that bad for equipment, I did warn her that the rest of the contents of Calvados likely would result in damage. This afternoon the device worked flawlessly until it didn’t and I had to open it up and clean it:
(The plastic plug in the lower left part next to the springs for the euro plug was put there by my daughter. So it will probably not appear, when you disassemble the ComPilot 2.)
The front side of the PCB looks like this:
The back side looks like this:
It was very hard to disassemble and quite easy to assemble. I quess that it was glued together by the remains of the Calvados. The PCB had bluish stains, so I cleaned it with isopropyl alcohol and cotton swabs.
I also thoroughly rinsed the 3 switches with drops of isopropyl alcohol. The home button was less responsive the last weeks and that’s fixed, too.
The battery is a IP462539. So it should be 25mmx39mmx4.6mm. I measured 24.2mmx38.2mmx4.8mm. The battery compartment is 25.6mmx40.7mmx5.6mm.
I haven’t found a 3-wire replacement. Only a 2-wire here and here, so that would require soldering.
Looking at the plastic compartment, you could remove the sides and place a larger battery there. But not much larger.