Compass GPS/windows issues

Hi - with the help of this forum, I have been fitting and tweaking my widex 440 moments for a couple of months now - thank you

I went to log into my HAs today, and had all kinds of strange computer behavior. I am a Mac veteran, but know squat about windows and troubleshooting.

I was able to get into compass GPS, albeit sloowwwwwwly, and there were issues recognizing the Noahlink wireless, initially, but I unplugged and plugged in again and that seemed ok.

However, on the 3 or 4 times I was able to get into Compass and connect the the HAs, once I got past the initial page and click ANYwhere, it stopped responding, The pointer became a hand icon, indicative that it was processing something, but even after 5 minutes, it wouldn’t budge, necessitation an “end task” command form me (thanks google) to get out to try again. I also restarted once.

a few things i noticed -

1. I saw some MSdos looking windows open and quickly close while launching compass gps. Don’t know why that happened.
  2. there was a message that a compass GPS update (I’m 4.4) was available, but attempts to follow any link didn’t get me to an update.
  3. the entire process is very very very slow. Not like it was the last time I logged in.

Any ideas of troubleshooting tips for a windows newbie?

In case it matters - I connect with anydesk weekly with a remote programmer (online seller) who is amazing at teaching me my way around compass. Our last session we didn’t even connect to the HAs - just had a look around at my settings without connecting to them

thanks for any ideas

So are you using a MacBook or windows PC, whatever it is hard to say, so only compass is having this issue, no other programs playing up?
With the amount of issues going on I’d uninstall and reinstall compass software to see if that helps.

Thanks Tenkan. Right after I posted this, I restarted a second time, and it all worked great again. I’ll be keeping an eye on it.

Is re-installing compass fairly simple? Was there an uninstall file in the one I downloaded from here?

Thanks again

Yes it’s easy enough never had any issues uninstalling,I just use the built-in uninstallerin windows, but I don’t know if there’s one in the Compass software files.