Comparing BiCROS brands

Has anyone compared brands for speech in noise?
Thinking of getting newer models. I originally got Phonaks and never tested other brands for this feature

Speech in noise is so individual that we couldn’t say what you’ll like.

I find Phonak cuts out all background noise even with all features turned off.

Oticon I can hear more ‘noise’.

@LRav might know?

i know you are asking about comparing one to another. i have only had starkey Bicros but I am happy with it.

Is it perfect no hearing loss is never going to be fully restored but i am able to understand my wife and granddaughter better now that I have made the switch to a bicros. the audi said i could go with any brand but she reccomended the starky.

@Tmrsuz iI’ve an older model model phonak cros ii bi cros and for me the speech in noise works differently depending on the situation I’m in if it is very noisy i generally can not make out what is going on and what is being said. Where as with the newer phonaks you can further adjust the amount of background noise you get with the app also you don’t have to use anything like a neck loop and clip on mic with the new phonaks . The oticon cros aids have something called twinlink technology which means you can use them via Bluetooth to connect to phone etc and still be able to hear what someone else says and use the oticon app to control your background noise etc. With the older phonaks you can’t do that but I’m not sure how it works with the new phonak cros but I’m presuming it is similar to the oticon cros /bi cros system.

Thanks for comments. The 4 year old Phonaks work but I am trying to figure out if it’s worth springing for the $$$ if sound quality not significantly better

Another thing that bugs me is they are always a generation behind for BiCROS. Could only get Audeo when regular aids were Marvels etc so we don’t get latest and greatest

Audeo is the name for the RIC Aid. Marvel was the technology. They aren’t the same. Audeo comes out always first with the new technology.

Oops. I meant Belong was all you could bet in BiCROS when Marvels available for bilateral aids
One step behind