Compare oticon opn 1 and truhearing premium 19

My husband has age-related profound hearing loss and has been demoing the oticon opn1. The plus side is that he really likes the seamless connectivity of the opn 1 to his iPhone–and you can now actually have a real conversation with him on the phone. HOWEVER, we just learned that with his benefits, he will have to pay $4200 for the opn 1 or switch to the TruHearing Premium 19 and pay $1600, which I understand just came out this year. I have been searching like crazy to find a comparison, and I cannot because the Premium 19 is very new. The only thing I can determine is that Opn 1 has 64 channels and Premium 19 has 46 channels. Other than that, I can’t really determine the differences.

Does anyone have experience with the TruHearing Premium 19?

Is it based on one of the big manufacturers, like Oticon, Phonak, Resound?

From this: https://www.truhearing.com/th19/ it looks like it’s based on Signia nx (48 channels and OVP). It should work well with his iPhone. It’s a fine hearing aid but uses a different approach to noise reduction. You could also go to Costco and get the KS8 for $1599 and end up with something very similar.

It is my understanding that Signia made this private label for TruHearing, but it’s a new model.

How can you tell that it is based on Signia nx? I think Signia did manufacture because I am pretty sure TruHearing doesn’t make it’s own hearing aids.

New to them. Signia is not going to come out with a new model through secondary channels.

It is a good aid and is Signia’s premium aid. It is what Costco sells as their Kirkland 8.0.

If it is 48 channels and has OVP it is the Nx. Is there a Bluetooth accessory. We can also tell from the type of accessory.

There is always a return period and it is not uncommon to return and try something else.

Costco has probably the longest return period, 180 days. I wear the Costco Phonak Brio 3 hearing aids and I like them. I trialed and returned the Kirkland 8.0 (KS8.0) but they did a good job.

So you could make your best determination, making sure about the return rules (don’t assume), and try it. It takes some time to get used to them and start getting the best benefit (not like putting on glasses).

1 Like