Code to program NHS Oticon Engage?

Thanks for this - incredibly helpful link.

I’m trying to work out if I can get rechargeable batteries (and a charger) for my Oticon Engage BTEs. I’m blown away by the improvement over my old HAs. And I work in audio!

They’re the new BT LE Audio spec. Which is very exciting - lots to read up on and mull over here.

I’m waiting for a small 3.5mm minijack transmitter to come out - (hopefully) to add to recording devices’ headphone out socket so I can do away with my headphones when field recording. That would be my holy grail.

@Karina_T

Massive issues with the rechargeable batteries for older Oticon HAs.

More hassle than changing batteries every few days.

So are the ones I’ve just been given, Oticon Engage BTEs ‘that’ old?
i.e., best to avoid the rechargeable retrofit?

And… I’m guessing that the Genie 2 software is PC only? No joy for the mac users?

Correct on the pc situation. There are some who use simulation to run these but I’d be hesitant to be doing these operations to your expensive HAs in that kind of configuration.

Can’t speak to the value of your HAs. Comes down more to what works for an individual. Unless it breaks and you can’t get parts etc., if it works for you…

WH

1 Like

@Karina_T

They are 4 generations old compared to what now is out.

Still excellent for NHS tho. They were released in 2016/17.

1 Like

Thanks @Zebras

Do you have any experience of the latest models?

Rob.S I have just joined and would like to PM you re the link but I can’t see how to do it. could you PM me, please and I may hen be able to reply ? Mike