Code to program NHS Oticon Engage?

I know this is unlikely as the Oticon Engage has only just come out on the NHS but has anyone got the code to be able to program them?

I’ve been a self programmer of my Phonak hearing aids for 10 years but just venturing in to programming Oticon hearing aids.

Thank you.

I would not mind having the codes too if anyone has them. Kindly share with me. Thanks

Hi,
The NHS use Genie software.
Here is a link curtesy of GeekMan, you can download the software from here:

Link Removed on request … PM me for link.
Is this what you are looking for ?

I am due to have my NHS hearing aids replace so I am very interested in your experience of the Oticon Engage.
I have difficulty understanding speech in group and noise situations.
How well do the Oticon Engage deal with background noise ?

Are there any advantages to DIY programing compared to NHS audiologist setup ?
Do you have the ability to do Real Ear Measurement ?

Thanks

2 Likes

Hi Rob, did you get the engage aids…? If so how you doing with them…?

I have had my hearing test and Audiologist prescribed the Oticon Engage.
The Audioligist was very enthusiastic about the Engage, especially for speech clarity. The Engage is based on the Oticon Opn S technology with bluetooth built in.
A pair of Engage have been ordered for me however it will be up to 12 weeks before I can have them fitted. The wait times are the down side to the NHS.
I’ll give an update once I have had them fitted.

My friend has the Engage. It’s actually based on the first generation Opn technology. Not the S range. It’s the Opn 2 level as well.

Thanks for the update

I forgot to ask, have you seen any specs for the Oticon Engage or any reviews ?
Rob

Hi Rob, I’ve had a pair of engage aids for a year that have just failed, but I was able to get them changed within a couple of weeks.

Without them my hearing is virtually non existent, but even with them understanding conversation in groups is very poor.

When my new (second set) aids were fitted they carried out an REM test and applied the settings based on this. Very poor outcome.

I’ve got another appointment next week as they forgot to apply a setting that allows me to control the aids using the toggle switches. It’s something called the VC setting and will discuss the REM test then.

If it was possible to get them set-up by an oticon dealer I would be more than happy to pay, but doubt this would be allowed.

Hi Chris,
I am still waiting for my Engage aids to be fitted.
I would make a list of all the things you need adjust and where you have problems so you can discuss them with he audiologist.
If you are using an NHS hearing aids you need to go back several times. It takes time to get the settings right.
I would also look at the Oticon On app as you can make some minor adjustments yourself with the app. You may need the audiologist to enable it.

I personally haven’t but if you look up Oticon Opn 2 (not the S) then it’ll tell you everything.

Hi, did you ever manage to programme the Engage aids?

c1

This is the part where you have to enter the code.

:slight_smile:

Nice screen clip! :wink:

Though, it’s a bit old. In later versions of Genie2 they have changed the name from Data Protection to Password Protection. Here’s an excerpt from the DIY School PDF file named (02 How to Program Your Hearing Aids);

Thanks @pvc

I found it on your previous posts.

I don’t use Oticon Aids so thanks for clarifying.

Yep, and my thanks because I rely on your posts for Phonak information!!

1 Like

@pvc

Thanks. It’s nice to know that my knowledge is appreciated.

:slight_smile:

Hi Zebras did you get the Engage code? I had it but upgraded Genie and it needs entering again….I can’t remember where I safely recorded it.

Hi All
I got my Engage P’s last weekend.
So far, so good.
BUT! I have a Samsung Galaxy Note 10 and I cant get the Oticon ON App to stream or answer calls on bluetooth. I can change P1 P2 etc okay, but little else.
Any ideas?

They only work with iPhone iPad.

They aren’t true Bluetooth, that is why.