Cochlear Nucleus 8

Are you still having the streaming issues?

@studio.prawns_0q no, I haven’t had any so far. Only problem I’ve been having is people speaking sound echoey. I’m hoping this can be mapped out in August.

1 Like

Surely they use tracking for such an important item when they mail it (if they don’t, they’re dodos). So another idea when they mail something of yours in the future is to ask them to cc: you via e-mail the tracking number. Perhaps Melbourne could do that on the return, too. If they ask you why, you could explain what happened to you this time around.

4 Likes

My N8 is loosing its marbles, and so full of goblins it’s not funny anymore. I’ve got another very confused app message? My mental acumen is still very much on the ball. I’m having huge doubts about my N8 though. This is the second message in the last 2 weeks.
This is the first message.

This is the second message just now… I only have the one ear that is implanted as Im bimodal. Sigh.

That never happened to me… wow, bad coil?

@ssa I think it must be a bad coil. But I’m not sure , as I don’t have any other type of interference at all, no static type noises to suggest broken wires etc. But I will change the coil to see if it stops the app messages.

Recently I had to replace the coil. The app actually said “Replace coil”.

1 Like

Try disconnecting the coil from the processor and reconnect. Make sure you connection is tight.
Do you have a spare coil to try?
Let us know.

That second picture is strange for sure.

1 Like

I’ve put on a new coil today. I deleted the Nucleus Smart app and reinstalled it again. I rebooted my iPhone yet again in the hope it might help.

My AuD said to delete the app and don’t bother about using it. That would be OK if I had a remote, but I don’t. It’s just so frustrating, especially as I’m not at all technical in any way.

Have you tried using the Cochlear chat on the Internet? Once you do it’s very helpful and straightforward/easy. This is how I have gotten the best help.
It almost sounds like your audiologist is quitting on you.

1 Like

Rick it’s 10:30pm Friday night here, so I can’t do anything until Monday now. But I’ll give the chat on internet a try on Monday.

1 Like

lol what? how does that help you? Your audiologist is an idiot…

2 Likes

It’s definitely not helpful, and I do agree with you it was a ridiculous thing to say…

Here in Melbournes population of 5.11 million and I only have 2 clinics to go to that do mappings in this city.

3 Likes

The 1st thing I would do is turn the phone off for a few minutes. By that I mean off, not restart, let it rest, then restart the phone. That can get rid of the garbage that has accumulated in your phone memory!

1 Like

I’ve had these messages a few times, both the wrong ear(I only have 1 CI so that isn’t possible), and problem with your processor messages. Each time it was related to my coil coming out of alignment with my implant causing a partial disconnect, followed by it quickly being realigned and reconnecting. When this has happened to me, I pulled the coil off, waited about 10 seconds and put it back on.
As mentioned above, I could certainly understand how a defective coil or a bad connection to the coil would cause the same issue.
If you’re certain that there was not a misalignment issue, and you’ve put your spare coil on, then I would call Cochlear.

3 Likes

I had a char with the Cochlear technician yesterday. All they said was to keep my google search pages closed after use. Delete the app wait 10mg s then reinstall. And turn my phone off wait 15 mins then turn it on again.

But as it’s only an intermittent problem it’s going to be hard to find it and fix it.

When I see the research audiologist in 2 weeks time I’ll ask him what his thoughts are with regard to this problem.

The messages are generated in the N8 and have nothing to do with your phone. Your phone simply sees the fault flagged in the processor and reports it. If your phone was not connected, you would still have seen the amber light lit solid on the processor, indicating a fault.

In my experience, Cochlear does a better job troubleshooting their device issues, outside of some some basic user error issues, than most Audiologist. That’s not intended as a knock against Audiologist, lord knows they have a lot they have to be experts in.

If it was not a misalignment, and you are using your spare coil, it is likely a bad connection between the coil and the processor. This could be a bad solder inside the unit or some corrosion on the connector.

3 Likes

Huh? What?? They said that?

Wait what? this makes no sense at all, the sound processor generate the message, like @WD40 said.

1 Like

…or maybe it was retrograde Mercury! These Cochlear experts are playing a prank on you.