Cochlear issues a warning about streaming from Apple iPhone 12 models

Cochlear issues a warning on compatibility with new iPhone 12 and N7 also Kanso2. Resound aids are also vulnerable.

https://www.cochlear.com/apps/en/sound-processor-and-app/compatibility?fbclid=IwAR0CSNFqL2KrcdRNX_-zN1ZdFIaWkOWhBMKUElmJLlnbCfu02GdNAXTPYpw

1 Like

From what I can find all aids have the issue. I have the IPhone SE 2020 and have no static issues. A friend just got the iPhone 12 and I ask to try it . I paired my aids to it and got the static. I have studied the specs for the iPhone 12 and I believe it has to do with the MagSafe addition to the iPhone, but I guess it could also have to do with 5g, but my wife’s Samsung galaxy note 20 is 5g and I don’t get the static with it.

3 Likes

I have iPhone 11 & Resound Enzo and I don’t have any issues at all. But 11 is still 4G.

1 Like

I don’t believe it is the 5g, my wife has the Samsung galaxy note 20 5g and I didn’t notice that type is issues when connected to it with my aids connected by way of the connect clip. I believe the issue s with the MagSafe magnet

iOS issues…

I believe the issue with iPhone 12 is with the newly released MagSafe charging system that puts a magnetic ring in the back of the phone case. But I guess it is also possible it could be something to do with the 5g network. But I haven’t seen the issue with the Samsung galaxy note 20

Apple confirmed the problem with iPhone 12

It’s nothing to do with MagSafe or 5G. The iPhone 12 series use a different Bluetooth chip to earlier iPhones and Apple has not yet got the firmware controlling the BT chip to work properly. I expect they will sort it out in their own good time. But how was it missed in beta testing one is bound to ask…

2 Likes