Cochlear implant sound processors price?

I wonder how much is the price of a cochlear implant sound processor? I mean outer parts and without any insurance

1 Like

Last time I asked, about 2-3 years ago, it was $6K-$7K. That has most likely changed, and I’m sure it varies by manuf.

1 Like

Cochlear’s nucleua 8 is $11k- $13k USD

1 Like

$10.000 for N8 here in Australia.

1 Like

Cochlear America is showing me $10,550, with no trade in and one upgrade bundle which is probably the $550 part. That is for self pay, it is $12,750 if you go through insurance with no trade in option.

1 Like

Thank you all for information

Do you have to pay when you need to replace sound processor via insurance / health system?

1 Like

@eyesgreendeaf I’m in Australia and just got an upgrade to N8. This was paid for completely by my private health insurance.

I dont know much about Australia. But I want to ask
would the public health system pay for the upgrade?

Here in Aus you can get your first CI through the public hospital system. But the public system only pays for the one processor in your lifetime.

This means they won’t pay for you to go bilateral or upgrade of a processor. You either have to get private health or pay for it yourself.

Thanks for the information.
Here in Turkey, you get the implant and sound processor free when getting implant. But sound processors are changed every seven years and the healthcare system pays for some of the price of a sound processor not all. And this sucks since Turkish currency have gone downhil for a few years. This is the most critical thing that bugs me. If I cannot replace sound processor after 7 years due to high price then I’d be unable to use CI and left with frustration

1 Like

i have freedom, n5, n6, and n7 and kanso available 5 goes for700.00 the 6 are 1000.00 to 1200.00 and the 7 are 2500.00 to 3000.00 kanso are 800,00 also have med el and advanced bionics available all prices are negotiable