Click Sleeve Fit for new Signia Charge and Go

Hello!
I’m brand new to the world of hearing aids. Just being fitted with Signia Charge and Go, left ear only. My question is about the fitting of click sleeves. First try, medium sized - quite comfortable but some leakage and maybe a little shifting? Next , large size. Seems to be a better fit, less loss of volume but annoying pressure. Any sage advice about adapting to the pressure (like when smiling etc.)? These are vented so no huge occlusion problems. Will the “something pressing in your ear” problem go away with time?

Thanks so much for any advice.

1 Like

It should. If it remains a problem, make a cut with a small scissors to relieve the pressure.

If it’s already vented and still uncomfortable it may be too large. You might get used to it.

Another option is to go back to the medium and push it a little further in.

I’m using these currently, closed on the right and vented on the left. Mine are staying in place, as long as I push them in far enough.

If you do that pay attention to the wire. The wire needs to be the right size also, so the click sleeve is not being pulled by a too-short wire.

Thanks, Don. I’ll be a bit more patient with the large ones and see. I did try pushing the medium in a bit more “up around the corner” so to speak, but it works it’s way back down to “straight in” rather than “slanted up in” if that makes sense. It may be an anatomy thing for me to figure out. The science nerd in me is trying to figure this out between audiology adjustment appointments to maximize appt time for sound adjustments rather than fiddling with fit.

Appreciate the feedback!

You might want to try the Tulip dome, also called a semi-closed dome. It has slits on opposing sides which allows for a more comfortable fit and better feedback reduction than a large open or closed dome.

One option is to try turning the sleeve for a different orientation in the ear. Unlike domes, the sleeves are oval instead of round. Signia recommends a vertical orientation in the ear, but the audiologist I’m seeing said it’s ok to try different orientations and that sometimes makes a difference.

That’s a good idea, to try them with different orientations. They are known for their retention so if the two most likely sizes are not staying in place it’s worth trying other ways. The fullness will feel better in a month or so.

Just a follow up… going with the medium click sleeve. Was trying too hard to make it fit farther in than it wanted to be or needed to be. Audiologist upped the gain with plenty of room to spare. Now on to working on sound quality adjustments!

Thanks to all for the feedback!

Not only are the click sleeves oval, but they are also curved.

That means that you need to orient the curve so that it curves towards the back of the skull and slightly upwards.

The sleeve has a tiny triangle shaped tab which is at the FRONT of the ear when correctly oriented.

Most of my Signia friends have found the click sleeves to have greater comfort and superior retention to click domes. As an interesting aside, most of them have Small or XSmall size sleeves.

1 Like

The click sleeves are much better than domes for feedback too. I can cup both hands over HAs without it. Just as good as custom moulds for me.

The sizing is interesting. I ended up in Smalls whereas I wear a medium in the domes.