Cleaning moulded earpieces

I’ve recently started using moulded earpieces and found that - despite cleaning my ears regularly - small amounts of wax gets into both the hearing tube connection in the mould and the vent. I asked the audiologist about this and they couldn’t offer me any suggestions about cleaning them. I’m sure it affects the sound quality and also discolours them. I’ve seen flexible plastic ‘wires’ with a sort of spun fibre section which can be pulled through the tube, but don’t know if these are widely available or if they are any good, but can anyone suggest anything better or more effective for cleaning them? Thanks

I was given a cleaning kit with my hearing aids. My aids are RIT aids with custom ear molds. The kit has a cloth to wipe the aids and ear molds off as well adls assorted tools to brush them and to clean the vents.

2 Likes

I use the Jodi Vac HA vacuum and highly recommend it! I also have custom molds.

2 Likes

As I travel quite often I’d prefer something which doesn’t rely on a power source - although if it had a USB connection it would probably be OK.

For cleaning the vent hole I use Oral B floss. Works great. I use sanitizing wipe to clean the outside.

3 Likes

To clean out the vent tubes/holes, pipe cleaners work as does compressed air.

2 Likes