Changing speaker wire on Phonak Lumity P90-RT

Hi all,

I am trying to replace the receiver wire on my Lumity P90s. I have another receiver wire / mold that I’d like to use since my new mold is giving me problems (darned narrow ear canal).

I’ve looked online and Youtube is telling me to push down on the small opening circled in red (I think) and a pin will push out the other side – unlocking the receiver wire and allowing insertion of a new one. But these videos are all around 4 years old (earlier Phonak models) and the suggested approach isn’t working for me with a small safety pin. I don’t want to force anything.

Is this still the correct approach for changing receiver wires? And, if so, does it matter which side I push from? I’m currently pushing from the side marked “Phonak.”

Thanks very much.

Two things I have noticed:-
The point of a pin can go to the side of the plastic pin you are trying to push on. Therefore a blunt ended instrument is better.
It is possible to push the plastic pin too far. If this happens just very gently push the protruding plastic pin back a bit.
It doesn’t matter which way you push the plastic pin.

I’ve found a paperclip works well. Need to find the right sized one.

Assuming you have the Life model, that is not how you do it. They “snap” out (and back in).

The pin you are looking at holds the shell together.

Platypus are you sure? I thought the other pin, which is metal, is the one that holds the shells together. The plastic one holds the receiver in.
Or ……… are the Lumity’s a completely different animal?

For what it’s worth, Gilbert and Platypus, when I used a safety pin I did see a small plastic pin come out just a little bit on the other side and was able to wiggle off the receiver connector. I didn’t notice the shell coming undone.

I had tried to wiggle it off (also assuming maybe the P90 was different and the highlighted orifice was holding the shell together) without pushing out the pin and failed. So, I’m not sure what to say. I did put in the other mold / receiver and everything appears to be working fine after plopping the HA in the charger for a few seconds.

It would be good, of course, if we all had a definitive answer on how to change the receiver wire on a P90. Thanks all for the comments and help.

I am referring to the L90-RL model. The Life model.

Lumity Life L90 snaps out. Paradise P90 uses a pin.

Thanks. I have the the L90-RL according to myPhonak app.

Yes, that’s the Life model, I think. I have the Lumity L90-RT and have changed the receivers over using the same ‘push-pin’ method as my old Marvels.

I have Lumity P90s R(echargeable) L(ife) model as in the photo above. I just changed the receiver and as @platypus says, it is just pull out on receiver and then push the new one in.
No pins so very easy and quick. :grinning: