Changing Audiologist and Hearing Aid

I am going to tr a new HA at Costco. I have been using for about 2 years. Since I want to be able to take advantage of a trial and return period with a clear conscience would I be better declaring having used HAs before or not?

Always be honest and up front about your hearing loss. It will help you in the long run to get the best fitting possible.

4 Likes

Not sure what you mean. The return period has nothing to do with any prior experience with a different hearing aid, unless you have bought and returned several hearing aids from Costco.

2 Likes

If you have gotten aids from Costco before they could have a record for you. And if you buy new aids you should get the full 180 return garentee.

1 Like

Yes always be open about your hearing loss. Tell them what you tried and what you don’t like about them.

1 Like

I returned one pair to Costco. I called and told them I wanted to make the return. When I arrived, they had all the paperwork ready and processed the return with absolutely no problem. They told me it would probably be more difficult to return the new aids I ordered. Some customers have reported being black-listed for replacing 2 sets.

Costco are top-notch retailers. They know very well that they have to meet their written commitments and that doing so with a smile is the best way to do it. Have no fear of using their return policy.

My reco is to focus on the aids. If they make new aids work for you, keep 'em. If they don’t, return 'em.

BTW, custom molds and accessories are returnable, but I don’t know how long the return period is.

2 Likes