Changed my analogue BAHA to a digital one! Hate it!

I was born with Treacher Collins have a conductive moderate/severe hearing loss and have worn behind the ear analogue hearing aids since I was eleven years old changing to BAHA when I was 40years old. Sadly my old BAHA has given up the ghost it cannot be repaired there are no similar aids to what I was using and last week was issued with digital BAHA cochlear BP100. I hate it!! Sounds are soft I am struggling to hear the voices and when I do there is an echo with a tinny effect. I find myself switching the volume up all and down all day, switch it up and it screams at me so have to turn it down, but I just simply don’t seem to be hearing as sharply. My head feels like there is a pressure on top and tension up and down my neck. I contacted Audiology as I was having a problem with hearing aid screaming to discover I had not replaced the door of the battery chamber properly, once I had corrected this I mentioned the above issues that I was having with new BAHA to be told this was normal and that I was to try and stop stressing as this was contributing to my not hearing so well, that I had to perservere for at least twelve weeks as this was necessary to ensure I was adapting to it before it could be tweaked. Not happy with my situation why am I been forced to wear digital when I have always used analogue hearing aids is this fair???!!! Does anyone else here on this forum understand the issues I am facing?? Can you help advise me please??

This does not sound OK to me.
one of my friends has an Oticon Ponto, with good result.
suggest you ask you audiologist if you can try this,
also there is a BAHA Forum http://www.baha-users-support.com where you might get more assistance.
let us know how you get on.

Many thanks will explore this and will get back to you. Your reply is much appreciated :-).