CarPlay hand off problems!

I searched and found that 5his has been addressed before. Just hope someone has found a fix or work around.

I have my iPhone 15 set up for Call Audio to always go to hearing aids and Media Audio never hearing aids. If I am using CarPlay while on the road and listening to the radio and I receive a phone call the call goes to my aids instead of to CarPlay. When I end the call the radio comes back on in my aids instead of the vehicle. The only way I have found to get the sound back to CarPlay is to go back into the iPhones CarPlay and turn it off completely and then turn it back on. The sound is then back in the car instead of my aids. Even when I set the iPhone media to automatic this still happens. I could use a little help please. Thanks

@lgbuck62 I just checked and have both Call Audio and Media Audio set to automatic. Both come through the CarPlay speakers when I am in the car and HA’s when I am not in the car. You might try that and see if it works for you. If I turn off the car in the middle of a phone call, it just takes a second to reconnect to my ears. Almost seamless.
In Accessibility/Touch I have Call Audio Routing set to Bluetooth Headset. That might be something to check too.
Big John

2 Likes

Have reset mine to what you are using. Will post back and let you know if it works for mine. Thanks

1 Like

Try turning off the feature that automatically switches audio between different audio sources on your iPhone. This can be done in the sound settings. Also make sure you have the latest updates for iOS and CarPlay, as sometimes updates can fix these types of problems.