Cannot pair left side naida p 90 up

Left side ha started losing sound so I went to a backup Naida p90 up but it will not pair in the phonak app. And yes I changed batteries and made sure the tube was clean before changing to backup aid. Disconnected the device in the phone restarted the phone deleted the aids in the app. Nothing Left side does not pair in the app. Any ideas?? thanks

Are you using your normal right and spare left? Or a spare pair of P90?

The HAs need to be paired as a set in Target software for both to work on App etc.

1 Like

using a spare left Thanks that makes sense I had not done paired in the software yet. I will do that in the morning thanks again. I’m going to put the normal left with my spare and normal right in the drier tonight and see if that helps fix the sound problem with the left. I’m wondering if moisture might be the problem in the aid itself. We will see. thanks again Zebras.

1 Like

Linking them in software also means phone calls / music will go to both HAs as well.

Hope drying them out helps.

Issue could be the ear hook. Common with moisture issue to partly block or fully block.

3 Likes

Yeah Ruth, totally agree, the white damper in the ear hook can sometimes swell with moisture, and go solid, thereby emitting little or no sound, as I recall you pointed out this to me a while back… So, I removed the damper with very fine tweezers, or a toothpick, until I could get a new set of ear hooks, problem solved… Cheers Kev :wink:

1 Like

I wonder if you can just remove the ear hook filter. Some say it does not provide much value. I suppose you would have to rerun the Target fit, but maybe not?

Perhaps someone here with more knowledge could comment.

1 Like

Thanks Zebras, I had replaced the hook before I posted about the sound problem. The dryer did the trick. Hearing aid back to normal. I had seen in a previous post about the P90 dropping sound and the hook seemed to be the problem. So I replaced the hook and it did fix the sound. The ha would come on and then go off. That is when I posted the sound problem here. I don’t know what made me think it was moisture but that is what it was apparently. thanks again.

3 Likes

Even an tiny amount of water in the earmold tubing will cut down on the gain. I used music wire to remove these white dampers which collect moisture and reduce gain. You can’t use P90-UP on one ear and use a different phonak model on other ear. For example, P30-UP aid on left ear and P70-UP aid right ear. They can’t be paired in Target and myphonak app.

1 Like