Cannot connect Netflix to Rexton Hearing Aids

I have a smart TV and Rexton hearing aids. I just purchased a Rexton Smart Transmitter 2.4. I am able to successfully hear normal TV programs streamed to my hearing aids. But I do not know how to receive Netflix through my hearing aids.

Your Rexton Smart Transmitter is connected to which TV output connection?

And, what type of connection? RCA plugs, Optical?

If Optical;

• Before connecting the cable, remove the protection caps from the TOSLINK cable plugs.
  • Plug the cable into the TOSLINK input of your transmitter and into the TOSLINK (optical audio) output of your TV.

How to use 5.1 surround sound on Netflix.

RCA cables are connected to the Audio Out on the TV and I hear TV perfectly streamed to my hearing aids. I have not yet tried to connect cable. Should I use that cable in addition to the RCA cables? If so, where do I plug TOS in on the transmitter and where on the TV? Thank you.

I meant to say that I have not yet tried to connect the TOSLINK cable.

Perhaps Netflix only permits secure audio to prevent recording. There is no way to have a secure audio path with the RCA plugs.

I have a TV streamer connected by rca cables from the audio out of the TV. I watch regular TV with a set top box connected to one HDMI port. On another HDMI port I have an Apple TV, and watch Netflix using the Netflix app on the Apple TV. I get audio from both sources to the streamer just fine.

Well if you want to try the TOSLINK cable plug it into the little swinging/hinged door marked In;
c2

Look for the TOSLINK (optical audio) output on your TV or in your TV manual.

ETA: Oh, careful if you have poor eyesight. it only fits one way;

I guess Iā€™m resigned to only hearing my TV through hearing aids. I hooked up the TOSSLINK successfully and unplugged the RCA cables. Green light is on left/blue light on right are showing, but still only getting regular TV sound through hearing aids. I then hooked up both the TOSSLINK and RCA, same lights appear (green/blue), but still only hearing TV even when Netflix is on and TV channels are turned off. Very strangeā€¦

@user236 :

• What TV modell are you using? please post exact model type
  • How are you access Netflix? Does your TV have an built in App section , or du you have an external network player device attached to the TV , like Amazon FireTV or AppleTV ā€¦
  • If you have an external network player attached , which input connection is it on the TV (HDMI, or other) ?
    And which Audio-settings did you choose for the network player in the TV settings for the selected input connector?
2 Likes

Try going into your TV audio settings.
Sound out needs to be PCM.

2 Likes

Hold on son. Here comes the Audio Cavalry.

My TV is SAMSUNG 55-Inch Class QLED 4K LS03B Series The Frame Quantum HDR,
I believe I have a built-in app. There is no external network play such as FireTV.

Re audio-settings, not sure where to look for network player in settings. I did notice that network connection = wireless. Bright output audio = auto
Simultaneous optical output =on
Sound output = HDMI earc mode

1 Like

What is PCM? very amateur techie here.

PCM is a different sound mode. I think the EARC is directing the sound over the hdmi output instead of the optical output.

2 Likes
2 Likes

What are your other choices for this eARC TV setting?

1 Like

PCM: This stands for ā€œpulse-code modulation.ā€ Use this setting if the external device youā€™ve connected to the HDMI port has already processed the sound, and you just want it to come out of your TVā€™s speakers.

Google explains it way better than I could.

2 Likes

Something else.
Make sure your TV sound out is set to how you have the wiring set up.
Example optical/speakers
HDMI/speakers
Etc

Still need the TV set up on PCM.
Worth trying.

2 Likes

@user236

Please try the following, and tell us if it works.
Check the steps 1, 2, 3

1. Press the ā€˜Homeā€™ button on the TV remote, select ā€˜Settingsā€™, and choose ā€˜Soundā€™. Select ā€˜Sound Outputā€™ then set it to the ā€˜Audio Out/Opticalā€™

2. Home > Sound Settings > Expert Settings > Digital Audio Output Format > PCM

3. enter streaming mode: start Netflix and play something and while the video is playing set the audio output format for streaming to PCM.
    While streming press the HOME button on the remote control and then Sound > Expert Settings > Digital Audio Output Format, and change Dolby Digital to PCM.

Maybe only step 3 is needed for Netflix !

BTW: found a lengthy tread about an issue with Samsung TV and Netflix Solved: Netflix sound not working on UE50NU7400 with digital output - Samsung Community
This were 2 years ago and have been solved by Samsung via firmware update for TV

1 Like

Thanks all. Iā€™ve tried all of your suggestions, but have been unable to get Netflix streamed into my hearing aids. I will probably have to listen to Netflix via my television speakers. :unamused:
Or see if I can pay someone to assist me.