Can I program just one hearing aid using the app, Starkey

A friend told me she had a pair of HA which she wasn’t using. They are Starkey livio 1,000. When I went to pick them up there was only one for the left ear. I put a fresh battery in it and it was fine, including the controls on the device itself. I downloaded the app, made an account, and it searched for the hearing aids under her name, and found them. When I went to connect, it seemed to connect and then said the connection was lost. Is there some way I can make the app open with just one?

Update: I couldn’t connect the one HA on my android phone. But it was recognized on my iPhone 7, even without downloading an app.

1 Like

You can’t program the aids and these aids might damage your hearing. You need to find an audiologist to do an hearing test and program these aids for you. It won’t be free. Audiologists charge 200-250 US dollars.

1 Like

You can program them yourself with the inspire software and a Noahlink wireless, as @Terost has stated you should get a hearing test from your local audiology clinic first, it should only cost around $60 not a few hundred.

I don’t think these Starkey aids are programmed with the noahlink wireless, they use the older programming device, surflink.

I just went by the cable guide, it says ether can be used.

1 Like

Ok. I was looking for the cable guide. Get an hearing test first.