Can I install Philips HearLink app on a Windows 10 PC

I recently replaced my old Phonak aids with Philips 9030s from Costco. The HearLink app is very useful, and I have it on my Android phone and iPad, but can’t find a way to install it on my PC without using an Android emulator. I would like to stream audio from my PC to the hearing aids. Has anyone been able to do this without emulation software?

Thanks!

Welcome to the forums :). I am not sure that even the emulator would work well. It’s about the Bluetooth connection. I am not sure if they have an accessory that allows for an audio cable connection. I have one for my jabras that can connect to the headphone out on the computer to transmit to the hearing aids. Pretty much the only aids that will connect directly to a pc is the phonak /kirkland ks10

The Philips Audio Clip can connect to a Sennheiser BTD 800 Bluetooth dongle, letting you use the audio clip as a microphone and your hearing aids as a headset.

This would let you stream audio from the PC and use the setup for Zoom calls and the like, but it’s not an inexpensive solution.

The Audio Clip is available from Costco, and the dongle is available from a number of online retailers.

There’s a video on the Philips Hearlink FAQ page showing how to connect the clip to the dongle.

Must the Philips Audio Clip be used with a dongle? It looks an awful lot like the ConnectClip from Oticon. I know that for some PCs, a dongle may be needed if their built-in BT is unstable, or if it doesn’t have BT support. But for many PCs (like my Acer laptop), the dongle is not really needed at all. I’d advise trying to connect the Audio Clip directly to the PC via BT first and see. If the connection is unstable, THEN add a dongle.

Also, to the OP, the Audio Clip should work with your Android phone for streaming to the Hearlink, too.

1 Like

Check this out, could be the way forward for some.

It is unlikely to work with applications that control hearing aids or anything else. Because in the background is created a virtual smartphone or in other words, a virtual computer that mimics some hardware and the hardware can not work together with bluetooth that uses a PC. It’s too complicated. the application must be written for PC in this case for windows.

Thanks everyone for the responses. I will take it up with Philips.