Can I get any better hearing aids if I raid the NHS's proverbial cupboard illegally?

Why shouldn’t I get better treatment?

Oh, sorry, you’re special. I’d forgotten.

The only way to get good treatment from the NHS is to complain.

Rubbish. They do a great job in difficult times.

I’m sorry but the NHS told me I WOULD be getting an appointment six months later. I have a right to be pissed that they let me down.

Systems fail. Overloaded, financially strapped systems fail more often. It’s called real life.

As for the title it was meant as a joke, a bit of fun.

Tell that to the jury.

I didn’t realise how old and stuck up the people here are.

The other posters are usually either decent people seeking answers or decent dispensers trying to provide helpful advice.

It’s not my fault the yanks have to pay for everything and I don’t really give a damn either.

I’ll let the ‘yanks’ to reply to that.

I’ll hardly be kicking up a fuss unless I get someone as stuck up as everyone on this forum…

Stuck up? Ah, you mean people who won’t agree with you.

Please could you print off this thread and put the printout away somewhere safe. In about 25 years time please open up the file and re-read your posts. I hope that you will be ashamed at what you have posted here.

Your attitude stinks!!

Simply as, if you want better hearing aids then you would have to pay!

You would properly hear better if you wear your aids and also have tweaking done but instead all you do is moan about it instead of making an appointment. I can’t use the phone so I email them or go up in person!

Coma,
If I had been told they were going to set me up with a follow up appointment in 6 months and then they didn’t contact you, I think I would have been on the phone or dropped in in person and asked to be scheduled into their book for an appointment. Furthermore, If I was having the trouble you were having with my HA and ear molds I would of called them after the 1st week and seen if I could get in to at least have the ear mold problem fixed. Finally, if you have been having these problems for the past 2 years what all of a sudden got you on your high horse to finally address the problem and your rants about the NHS. I’m sure because the program is free they are up to their eyeballs with people like you. Yes, the system may be faulty but part of the fault lies with you and your failure to make an appointment when you had problems right of the bat. Remember the old saying, " the squeaky wheel gets the grease!" And since we are all old on this forum I’ll tell you what it means: if you call them and make an appointment you have a better chance of being seen than if you wait for them to call.

comacalm: just my opinion, but you come across as being
R E A L L Y … hard to deal with. More so than ANY other poster I’ve encountered in hundreds of hours reading posts, here. Do you realize this? One can catch more flies with honey than with vinegar, and you come across as a big bottle of harsh vinegar. just one man’s perception.

I wish you luck, and hope you can calm down a bit.

This thread was from March last year?..

Yeah, ComaCalm hasn’t been on the Forum since 3/13/12 of last year and is long gone.