Can I get any better hearing aids if I raid the NHS's proverbial cupboard illegally?

Soft molds it is! I didn’t know they existed to be honest, that’s why I was asking for advice. Thank you for help. :smiley:

I had no follow up from leaving children’s section to being moved to adults. I was left with 17 year old PHONAK Superfront Aids. I then decided I wanted digital, so made an appointment as my friend had good recommendations with the aids for profound loss that they give out.

I was promised a follow up in 6 months, but it never came. I think they’d save a lot of money if they had better aftercare.

Takes 2 minutes to pick up the phone and get yourself an follow up appointment? i don’t see what the issue is here

That said, you shouln’t live with something that hurts and can’t use. busy or not/free or not, it’s pretty bad if they don’t help fixing this issue

That’s not the issue. Crap hearing aids is the issue. Although I should mention I can’t use phones.

Going to see if they’ll give me something softer when i get appointment…

I thought molds were the problem or is it the hearing aids? if they hurt that bad I would have been on the phone instead of waiting even the 6 months. Not sure how they would know about your problem without you contacting them? anyhow, good luck.

As I said in my earlier post, ear molds should never hurt, if they do, they need to be modified or remade. My sister has hard molds as I do and they have never hurt; they were itchy at first but after the first month I didn’t even know they were in my ears! As for my sister, her molds as well as her ear canal are very small and her audi had no problems making her molds that worked, so I would either go to a private audi for the molds or go back to the NHS audi and ask them nicely if they could remake the molds. Good luck!

If its now the hearing aids that are the thing that wrong then you need to still contact them.

Hearing aids won’t make you have perfect hearing.

What are the names of the hearing aids?

They will unlikely give you more aids until 5 years has been up. You may want to actually make an appointment for tweaking of the aids. You get what you get given with the nhs. Most only order one brand so you get given what they haVe.

It’s always been the hearing aids that’s the problem. Please bother to read everything before commenting. I’ll repeat myself as you don’t seem to have bothered at all.

I’ve already said:
-I’m not expecting perfect hearing
-Danalogic i-Fit 71. I’ve heard from a long term wearer that the amount of noise you get when there’s silence is rather ridiculous.
-Seems like it’s 2-3 years. according to everyone else I’ve read who have hearing aids from the NHS

Please bother to read everything before commenting. I’ll repeat myself as you don’t seem to have bothered at all

brother, does it strike you funny that every reply until you said the HAs were crap were about molds? I have a feeling if you aren’t already you will soon be on their sh!t list!!

Oh look someone else who hasn’t bothered reaidng anything but a couple of comments.

-BOTH THE HA’S AND THE MOLDS ARE USELESS.
-I’M NOT GOING TO BE BLACKLISTED FOR HAVING A GENUINE PROBLEM.

Also, we’ll see. I have a feeling the message at the end of this thread will be me, saying they’ve given me new aids and molds…

I’M NOT GOING TO BE BLACKLISTED FOR HAVING A GENUINE PROBLEM.

correct, but if you go in there with the attitude you have exhibited in this post you aren’t going to get far!

Yes, because I only have one attitude, as I am a robot. Hear me cry.

Corey is that you??

Unless that’s a female person, I doubt it.

Also, we’ll see. I have a feeling the message at the end of this thread will be me, saying they’ve given me new aids and molds…

Possibly true. And everyone will no doubt hear how you “taught the NHS a lesson”.

However if you had chased up new ear moulds promptly and chased up a retune promptly too then I expect you would have had a working hearing aid system many months ago.

Saying you can’t use the phone is a bit lame - a friend or family member could have helped. Or a letter and postage stamp would have worked.

Even now a retune and new moulds would probably be fine, so I’m not sure why you think you need a new aid too. Your current aid is a good bit of kit.

Kicking up a major fuss because of poorly fitting earmoulds which you have made little effort to resolve seems to me to be rather unfair on the NHS, its staff and patients and also on the taxpayer who funds the whole thing.

The title of your topic “Can I get any better hearing aids if I raid the NHS’s proverbial cupboard illegally?” does rather suggest that you are looking for undeserved preferential treatment from the NHS.

I’m sure that many Hard of Hearing in the USA would simply LOVE to be in a position to be given decent free hearings aids by the State. They must be very perplexed by this whole thread.

Actually I am bemused by this whole thread too.

Well said ED!

You will likely get the same make again, Danalogic and if it hasn’t been long enough then you would get the same aid again.

I would of sorted this weeks after I got given them, 2 years!

Why shouldn’t I get better treatment? I should have had hearing aids 17 years ago but they just fobbed me off and told me I should grow out of it. The only way to get good treatment from the NHS is to complain. shrug

I’m sorry but the NHS told me I WOULD be getting an appointment six months later. I have a right to be pissed that they let me down.

As for the title it was meant as a joke, a bit of fun. I didn’t realise how old and stuck up the people here are.

It’s not my fault the yanks have to pay for everything and I don’t really give a damn either. I’ll hardly be kicking up a fuss unless I get someone as stuck up as everyone on this forum…

this explains some of the ‘attitude’… I believe if you aren’t happy with your free aids and/or are too lazy to do anything about your concerns for 2 years you have the option of buying your own.