Buzzing noise from hearing aids

I have the Phonak Audeo Marvels M30-312T and I have a constant sound that seems similar to Very quiet tv static or an air conditioner when there is no background noise. It gets louder if I turn up the volume and It goes away if I turn up the noise reduction All the way but I get it in all programs (Autosense,Music,Restaurant,TV). I don’t want to miss sounds or speech being I’m turning the noise reduction all the way up, It does slightly help mask my tinnitus but I don’t think it’s programmed to be for that. Any suggestions on what to do? I see my Aud early next week.
Edit: I do also hear this buzzing sound when streaming music and such but it sounds more like a rattling noise, I do know that I have the basic programming and that hearing aids are not designed to be like good quality earbuds but I feel that they should not entirely sounds like cheap dollar store crackily earbuds. I have S receivers and 5mm vented domes.
I also get this crackily noise pretty bad when on video calls or phone calls which the person on the other end does here.

Went to my audiologist and she adjusted my settings and such and it has mostly fixed the problem except the crackling on phone calls but we are guessing that is due to my phone not the hearing aids.

Might be motor noises from the inside of the hearing aid

1 Like

Motor noises. What motor noises?

Well like circuit noises from the hearing aid, or would they not be powerful enough to make noises?

I have a couple of possible causes that you could bring up with your audiologist to investigate

The constant sound could be a background tinnitus program.

The rattling / static sounds may be resolved by updating your mobile software or checking that it is fully compatible for streaming.

Another possible cause for both issues is that your low frequency gain is set too high.

My phone is on iOS 13.7 and myphonak app is on 4.0.2

It probably is circuit noise, or noise that the hearing aid makes when it’s running. You can ask your provider to cut low-input gain.

Do they buzz anywhere you go?
Or just at home?

They buzz everywhere

Do you have telecoils? In a past HA model, I would sometimes inadvertently be in telecoil mode and fluorescent lights and my car would generate what kind of sounds like power-line humming.

1 Like

I do but I haven’t had any issues with it unless near light switches and things with the telecoil on.

I agree, it sounds like you have the telecoil program turned on. Turn it off (switch to the Automatic or other program you prefer) and see if that stops the buzzing.

The noise is different then the telecoil buzz it’s more of a running faucet/blowing noise but it’s constant and gets louder/softer if I increase/decrease the hearing aid volume

They buzz everywhere

The noise is different then the telecoil program noise and happens on the Autosense OS,music, and tv programs

@DeafAntifa

If you can hear it when Aids volume all the way down and maybe on mute as well, then it’s the circuit noise of the hearing aid.

I do not hear it when it is all the way down at the lowest setting but that’s also just because It’s almost like having my hearing aids turned off and I do not hear it when on mute.
@Zebras

You can decrease the gain at high frequency 6-8k hz.
I had similar issues as you. By doing that. All back to normal.