Buying replacement tubes online?

I recently got my new hearing aids ( Resound Key 3, KE377-DW ) from eBay, and I’m happy to say they work well and help a lot with understanding speech. I was talking to a friend whose voice I struggle with a lot, and I only said “can you repeat that?” maybe half a dozen times in half an hour. Absolutely magic, and I’m over the moon.

However, the tubes (size 2b) are too long/go too deep for my ears, and I need to buy shorter ones. (I assume I’d want 1b?)

I get the impression most DIYers just get theirs from their audiologist, but do you know of anywhere online I can order from? Ideally in Australia, but anywhere that’ll ship here is fine. It’s really hard for me to get around due to being physically disabled, so I try and do things online as much as possible.

Thanks for your help.

(Also yes, I’m aware my audiogram looks too good to need/benefit from hearing aids. My doctor is pretty confident I’ve got APD- which can be treated with HAs- but said that the process of getting “officially” diagnosed is very expensive and takes a long time. Still working on that. In the meantime she said that if I could get HAs that were programmed right, I’d probably benefit from them a lot, so… here I am :smile: )

These guys will be able to help, although the prices are on the high side, but eBay and even Amazon can get good prices, they call themThin tube’s and range in size from -1B to 3B so yeah looks 2A or 1B should do the trick.

https://www.hearingsavers.com.au/categories/hearing-aid-accessories/hearing-aid-receivers.html?gclid=CjwKCAjw8diwBhAbEiwA7i_sJWCq3cs5wwouuSIiEMWN-gUklAdZd5FK57MNBpP5bv5FjoW0nHe3ChoCXkwQAvD_BwE

1 Like

thank you! knowing the right terms to use when searching is a big help, I appreciate you mentioning the name. from what I can tell the ones here are all for RIC hearing aids, right? mine is BTE and the tube doesn’t look like any of those- but I’ll email them and ask if they have stock of the kind I need.

Yes just reach out to them, I couldn’t find “thin tubes” on the website but they’ll be able to get them I’m sure.

1 Like