Buying Groups

I’ve been looking into joining up with a buying group to get better rates on hearing aids. I was wondering what buying groups are represented here on hearingaidforums.com? Please tell me about your experiences. Gripes and raves, etc. My practice is a small, retail practice with two dispensers, no audiologist on staff. We do around 200 units per year.

What manufacturers do you fit? Do you use several? If only one sign up with their group. If several try EarQ, they give negotiated pricing and give you your independence.

I had researched and for me the VA recommended Bolero Q90p. So I convinced my wife to try them. Her regular audiologist of 10 years was not enthusiastic but could get them for about $3200 each. Lately our news papers have ads for hearing aids from little 4" x 6" to up to 4 page spread. I called around, asking prices for the Q90s and found one that offered then at $2150 each. So we told her regular audiologist but she would not match the price or even come down.
Also, if you are on Humana, they have a buying agreement with TruHearing, where the audiologist agrees to the lowered price, ususally about 30% discount for the aids, with the normal service for 90 days. Then they revert to a normal office call but for $2000 we can make many $50 office calls.