BTE vs. ITE

Your audiogram has really changed in the short time you have been a hearing tracker member. It has to be frustrating and maybe scary for you.
SR2 helps feedback issues too. Less gain in the upper frequencies lowers the chance of feedback.

At least it’s not a tumah…Or maybe he said “tuba”, how can I be sure anymore…

Puma?

:slight_smile:

In all seriousness I’m just trying to take it in stride. I certainly didn’t expect this for 2020 but hey why not just one more thing, right Universe?

Now I have to figure out why this HOA we’re buying into both has no restrictions on the display of the US flag, but at the same time has a restriction on temporary flagpoles projecting from the side of one’s dwelling. So I can display the flag, just not on a flagpole. Uh huh.

I sold my home in Texas and moved to the country and told the HOA where they could go. I am sure they were tired of my reporting them to the Texas AG for preventing me my Constitutional rights.

1 Like

I’ve worn Signia Pure With open vent domes for 3 years and have not experienced feedback at all. Maybe it has to do with level of hearing loss. I do not know. Feedback and wind noise are very frustrating to me and high on my requirement list following speech of course. I’ve been happy with Signia but now leaning toward Phonak Marvels. Researching for my possible upgrade this fall.

40+ years ago, there were no in the ear hearing aids. You could quite accurately tell how bad a persons hearing loss was by looking at the size of their hearing aids. the worse your hearing, the larger your hearing aids. So, many folks started with BTE aids, because there was no choice. When the first in the ear aids came out, if you had a severe or profound loss, you were out of luck. I personally was used to the BTE by the time ITE aids came out that could handle severe loss. I was not motivated by vanity at all. I think it actually became part of my look (BTE aids), much as glasses for most folks that wear them. By the time the VA was offering ITE aids, I was used to the BTE. Even now with BTE aids so small, I don’t think I would change over. I do have BTE aids with RIC. just my 2 cents worth…

I have gotten my aids from the VA and they started me out with ITE aids, for the longest time I never saw anyone with behind the ear aids. Mostly due to not looking for hearing aids. Vanity has never been something I care about, I am a country boy by heart and I have never liked wear a suit and tie. And when your hearing aids that are ITE are as large as the ones I still use for backups they are much more visible than my new BTE RIC aids.