BTE hearing aids and bluetooth leakage

I have naida paradise p30 up hearing aids with silicone earmoulds and when I use bluetooth connection to listen to the music , my wife and son say that they can hear . Do you experience this ? How can I reduce leakage?
Thanks

1 Like

With your loss you probably can’t. You need a lot of volume and even custom molds won’t be able to contain it. I guess you could consider wearing ear muffs over your hearing aids.

3 Likes

Unfortunately you can’t @eyesgreendeaf, my wife, if she is close enough, can hear my callers full conversation on a cell phone streamed via Bluetooth… Naida P90’s, my custom moulds have no vents… As @MDB says, ear muffs might work? Cheers Kev :wink:

2 Likes

Thank you and MDB. That’s what I thought about ,too . Using bluetooth and pretending to use earhones

2 Likes

It not the Bluetooth leaking. You’re using high volume and it’s the silicone earmolds that is not fitting to ear tightly because of sweat.
The tubing sometimes comes out of earmold due to sweating. Try using earmuffs but it might cause feedback when close to the microphones.

1 Like

@eyesgreendeaf , i have similar loss like you, how’s your experience with Nadia BTE, I’m planning to purchase, please share feedback,

Regards

It’s been a good experience. But this is mostly about finding a good audilogist who would be willing to adjust hearing aids according to your needs.
Sound quality is good enough but I have speech recognition problems due to the nature of my loss. I’m a CI candidate so I don’t expect a good speech perception with hearing aids but I can communicate with my family and close friends better than my previous aids.
Bluetooth quality is outstanding. Better than hearing via computer speakers.
Understanding in noise is a bit subjective. I’m poor at noise.

@eyesgreendeaf good to hear this, although i would like to know isn’t this aid are too much bigger and visible and are you using custom silicon mold or anything else for mold??!

They are big and visible with my custom silicon molds. But I don’t care . I dont think about aesthetics much. I have been used to wearing BTE aids since age 14.
Unfortunately , I think if someone is in profound range then BTE UP aids are the only choice . You may think of getting SP aids with 13 battery that are a bit smaller if they suit your loss. Also there are power BTE aids that are quite small if they have enough power for your loss. Anyways I would prefer more power of ultra power hearing aids.

I like the RIC aids much better than BTE. Small, comfortable, and plenty of power. Just got Phonak Lumity L90 a couple of weeks ago. So far, so good.