Bone conduction headphones?

Has anyone with otosclerosis tried using the relatively new bone conduction type headphones, e.g., with a cell phone or any other audio device for that matter? If I understand things correctly, this type of headphone doesnt fit over or have any parts in the ears. They “vibrate” the cheekbones, so I assume the sound path doesn’t go through the stapes. So it would seem to me that this type of headphone might work well for those of us with otosclerosis and/or a mixed (conductive + nerve) loss. Experience or opinions?

(Hz) L(dB) R(dB)
250 40 65
500 45 65
1K 60 75
2K 55 65
4K 70 85
8K 90 100
L: 84% SDat80dB
R: 64% SDat85dB
L&R stapedectomy

Great question. I would say that they work well.

My wife bought me some before I knew that I had an issue with my ears. They are perfect for talk radio, and also allow you to hear things around you, so they are good for work or home environments. The most ideal purpose (and why my wife bought them for me) is for cycling, so you can hear traffic around you.

I’m not sure what “tier” of headphones my wife bought, but they seem middle range at least. I say that because they are probably better for talk than music. They won’t provide the best ever music experience (partly because you hear the outside world at the same time), but they are definitely usable for that.

Overall, I would recommend them.