Bluetooth on Phonak hearing aids and Roger devices

Even fm methods would have been ok, but nuthing talks to anything as you say, even the pilot I have doesn’t pair. The other one did

You say the topic has distorted from what you were asking.

We are telling you, you need to load the hearing aids onto the software so you can link the remote, otherwise you can’t link the remote. End of, no other way around it.

The other remote linked because the previous owner had it linked to the hearing aids.

The remote doesn’t work without linking!

Does that not make sense?

The FM Inspiro doesn’t link because you don’t have the FM Receiver which I’ve already explained.

Did you do any research?

If you have Bluetooth Aids, why don’t you wear them as these two pairs of Aids are seriously old technology.

1 Like

Because they cost 2500 pounds as I have also said. I also said thanks for the help. Thanks again.

(bluetooth.
is it a practice for audiologists to turn it off if not in use? is my Roger stuff perhaps too old for the current bluetooth? seems very strange. if so, how can I fix it)

This Was my last call for research

@mack633 Here is a link for you, if you can find your HA in the list and the roger you have, that would be a good starting point, if not, that means it is time to get a new HA.

https://www.phonakpro.com/com/en/support/product-support/wireless-accessories/roger-configurator.html

I’m fine with your response let it close

thank you thank you
And once again I thank you

Hi Mack,

I think I see the confusion.

Your hearing aids have Bluetooth built in (the audiologist won’t switch this off).
Link your mobile phone to your aids to prove this.
Also download the Phonak app Myphonak to your mobile phone. This will allow you to adjust the volume and program on your aids from your mobile phone .

The Roger microphone use a proprietary FM system to link the microphone and hearing aids together not Bluetooth. You need the Roger x (receiver) license loaded onto your hearing aids sometime called Roger Direct.

Roger On IN and Roger Select IN microphones come with 2 Roger x license that you can transfer to your hearing aids.
Otherwise you need 2 Roger x receivers, then you need an audiologist to transfer the license to your hearing aids. They need to be newer Roger x receivers to be able to transfer the licenses. The Roger licenses are not cheap.
You would need to check with your audiologist if the Inspiro is compatible with the newer Roger license.

In short Bluetooth and the Roger system are not the same and use different technologies that’s why you can’t link them.

The diagram you showed has a Compilot at the centre linking all the devices. I believe the Compilot would need a T-Loop program on your aids and uses older analogue technology ( not the best quality sound) to feed the signal into your aids.

Hope that helps.
Rob

1 Like

@rob.s

These are the hearing aids he’s bought second hand which are not the Audeo P90 at all Altho he seems to of gotten the Boots invoice with them.

That’s why he can’t get Bluetooth to work.

Top pair is from 2008 and bottom pair is from 2014. This picture is his and is further up in the thread.

He does have modern HAs though, besides those pictured. He said he has the same as me (Audeo P90-R ??). It would be nice if he could get the older ones doing what he wanted.

WH

He said he couldn’t get the Bluetooth working on the hearing aids pictured.

He said he got the invoice with those hearing aids.

Even in his profile he says oddly he can’t work out why the others won’t pair with Bluetooth even tho we’ve told him why!

I didn’t realise he has 2 sets of aids.
I was just looking at the invoice as the Phonak Paradise are top of the range and Bluetooth built-in.
So I was focused on those.
If the other aids are from 2014 then it’s probably not worth spending money on them.