Bluetooth no longer "finding" Lumity Life aids on start-up

I got angry at Phonak because my hearing aids were so bad. So long Year and a half.

I got side eye a couple of times today. Because my hearing is not good enough. I couldn’t hear because of background noise

Every word you wrote was true to me.

1 Like

That is just plain RUDE. I’m just sayin’. If someone gives you side eye it’s likely cuz they have not made an effort to speak facing you, distinctly and NOT yelling. What we need is distinct speech, not LOUDER speech.

1 Like

I’m so happy!

I started a post about the aweful waxguards. An audiologist posted saying Phonak offer an improved version

I thought of you.

I know every time I replace my wax guards I hear so much better. I change at least every week. About 1/3 of the time I see the darn waxguards is in crooked. Blocking sound

There are fewer holes in the little ones. So they have less capacity and plug sooner

I detest them. I’m looking forward to getting the new receivers and wax guards. Phonak said they read posts.

So my rant is over. I apologize. I’ve never contacted the owner of CVA since he politely showed me the door. I don’t wish to get my practitioner in trouble. I was always polite with the Audi who quit.

Thank you for your patience

I have great respect for you

Hm! I’ll be getting the first of my TWO redundant pairs of Life aids back in a week or so. I wonder if they’ll also have a new receiver with new style wax guard on them? I’ll make a note to ask my audi when I pick them up … and drop off the OTHER pair of my Lumity Life rechargeables for replacing.

To rant: BOTH pairs of Lumity Life rechargeable aids have issues that require my sending them in at the same time. Double redundancy = double trouble.

1 Like

I found a Doctor Cliff video that explains DYNAMIC on the myPhonak APP

I wish I could share it here

I think this is the video you’re referring to: Dynamic Noise Management

Can be set up by audi - OR! - and probably better, use the slider on myPhonak app. Sigh. Another reason to just get it on the cell.

1 Like

Thank you!

That’s incredible.

Talking under my breath. Every time I change programs on my Paradise P90’s using the buttons on my hearing aids i get frustrated. edit: I have no idea what program I’m in. I have a remote control too. Same problem.
Just as frustrating.
Perhaps what I need is a wallet card that tells me what the programs are, and what they do.

Reason I mentioned that is the myPhonak app is a godsend when I need to determine what program I’m using. Do I like it? No…but I need it.

I’d be lost without it. When I used it first time about a year? ago it was awful. It’s been improved.

1 Like