Bluetooth land-line phones pairing to hearing aids

Some of the new cordless home telephones contain provision to accept incoming calls for cell phones, using bluetooth. Is there any way to pair one of those bluetooth-capable cordless home phones directly to the Resound Linx or the Starkey Halo? I’m interested in one of those two because of the ability to control them through my iOS device, but I use my landline phone for almost all of my telephone calls and strongly resist the cost of making or receiving cell phone calls. I wear a cordless phone around my neck so that I can call for help if I fall down, but I don’t use it for non-emergency purposes. I’ve been unsteady on my feet for 2 or 3 years now and started carrying a cell phone a few months ago just to be safe. I guess I’m accustomed to it now, and I’m willing to swap my existing low-cost cell phone for an iPhone.

The LiNX and Halo can only stream audio directly when used with Apple devices like the iPhone and iPad.

Is there some intermediate device that can be used without having to hang around my neck?

Can the call on the landline phone be streamed through some other device such as the phone clip+ and then to the hearing aids? Anything that doesn’t have to hang around my neck. If not, then I’ll wait a year or two. My Oticons are still relatively new.

I use my streamer(first generation, I have a 1.2 & 1.4 version) all the time and yes, it hangs around neck. if I’m doing something that the streamer is getting in the way, I put it inside my shirt, but most of the time it’s in plain view. Very few people notice it or even say anything about it, but of those that do, once I tell them what it is for and what it does, they want one. Some people ask if it’s one of those " I’ve fallen and can’t get up" buttons. If your looking for something to ease talking on the phone the Oticon Streamer works really well.

— Updated —

Yes, the call can go through the Phone Clip+. You can clip the Phone Clip+ on your clothing or shirt pocket although I prefer to have mine on a lanyard around my neck, under my shirt. Telephone calls through a Phone Clip+ are hands free, unlike streaming from an iphone, where you have to use the iphone microphone.

Don–Thanks for the info. That’s something that could work for me. The new cordless home phones say that they can answer and place cell phone calls and the iPhone is on their list of compatible devices. I’ll have to see whether they can pair with the phone clip+.

Norman

— Updated —

Don–Thanks for the info. That’s something that could work for me. The new cordless home phones say that they can answer and place cell phone calls and the iPhone is on their list of compatible devices. I’ll have to see whether they can pair with the phone clip+.

Norman

If you’re willing to consider Phonak hearing aids, they have a wireless landline phone that streams directly to the aids without the need for a clip-on device or a neck-loop device.

More info here:

That certainly does what I want done as far as telephone talk goes. I’ll have to think about it. If Phonak is doing something so attractive, perhaps Resound and/or Starkey will copy them. I’m still undecided about changing my hearing aids so soon after buying them.

Just to be clear, the phones, like the Panasonic, that let you use the landline phone handset to make cell phone calls also connect the landline phone to a bluetooth headset (like the Phone Clip+), but those are really two different functions. If you had a cell phone and a Phone Clip+, there would be no need to go through the landline phone for cell calls. The cell phone and Phone Clip+ would pair and connect.

The Phone Clip+ can connect to two devices at one time, so the Phone Clip+ could connect to the bluetooth landline phone and to the cell phone, and you could take calls from either source.

Thanks again, Don. I didn’t understand that. That would be exactly what I want. That gives the Linx a definite edge over the Halos for me.

— Updated —

Thanks again, Don. I didn’t understand that. That would be exactly what I want. That gives the Linx a definite edge over the Halos for me.

The whole point of getting LiNX or Halo is to avoid an intermediary device like the Phone Clip+. If you want something that can pair with a Bluetooth landline phone and a cell phone, just get the Oticon Streamer Pro. It’s compatible with your Ino Pro, and you may be able to get satisfactory results without using the neckloop. It’s certainly worth a try before you spend thousands of dollars for a new pair of hearing aids. Oticon also offers their new ConnectLine App which allows you to adjust the streamer settings directly from an iPhone.

When I started this thread, I didn’t mention my primary motivation for wanting one these new hearing aids (Starkey’s or Resound’s). I’m fascinated by their use of the iPhone for control purposes, such as switching among programs or tailoring the sound of the hearing aid to my own preference, geotagging, etc. all without touching the HA. It’s hard to figure out which of the two hearing aids is the better choice. It would be foolish of me to buy new hearing aids when my existing ones are not much over a year old, but the attraction is very great. These new made for iPhone aids offer possibilities that couldn’t even be dreamed of before now.

— Updated —

When I started this thread, I didn’t mention my primary motivation for wanting one these new hearing aids (Starkey’s or Resound’s). I’m fascinated by their use of the iPhone for control purposes, such as switching among programs or tailoring the sound of the hearing aid to my own preference, geotagging, etc. all without touching the HA. It’s hard to figure out which of the two hearing aids is the better choice. It would be foolish of me to buy new hearing aids when my existing ones are not much over a year old, but the attraction is very great. These new made for iPhone aids offer possibilities that couldn’t even be dreamed of before now.

I have the Panasonic phone (KX-TG7743S) that has both Link2Cell and landline, and have it bluetooth mated to my ComPilot to stream to my Naida Q90s. This lets you connect to a single unit and be able to take calls on either line via bluetooth. Happy to answer any questions if there are any.

Thanks for the info. Right now I’m still exploring and have more or less decided to wait until things calm down and clear up a bit before proceeding further.

Does anyone know if other platforms outside of Apple are supported? There SO many more Android users in the world than Apple users … I’m really surprised I’ve heard nothing about Android support in the hearing space.

Several of the major hearing aid manufacturers have Android apps that act as a remote.They all work with their bluetooth phone device.

Also, the bluetooth devices stream from phone or other devices. I stream music and videos off my phone almost every day.

Take Resound as an example, there are now two apps that have something to do with their hearing aids. The Resound Control app works with the Resound Phone Clip+ (the bluetooth phone device). There is an Android and iphone version. I’m not sure what the other app is called, the one that works solely with the iphone and does not require a Phone Clip+ (but you have to use the iphone microphone on a phone call).

The MFi (Made for iPhone) Hearing Aid will not interface with a Bluetooth™ Landline Telephone. The MFi Bluetooth™ LE audio profile is custom to Apple iPhone.

— Updated —

The MFi (Made for iPhone) Hearing Aid will not interface with a Bluetooth™ Landline Telephone. The MFi Bluetooth™ LE audio profile is custom to Apple iPhone.

Phones that connect landline to mobile via bluetooth all say you can put the mobile on charger or in a place with good reception and use landline phoneset through mobile connection. None say you can use the other way round, that is mobileas the handset (bluetooth linked to landline) and call through the landline connection.

I want to get a Quattro with neckloop and I believe that a mobile with bluetooth will work with that, but I very much want a landline to talk to quattro (I have poor mobile reception and far more expensive than landline calls anyway in Australia).

(I guess anywhere I say quattro you can substitute any bluetooth streamer that communicates with T coil in aids via loop)

Will this Panasonic (or any other of these phones (there are a few brands out now) that feature a bluetooth link to mobile) be able to link by bluetooth to the quattro?

OR
can I use my mobile as the handset that links to quattro, but the deskphone is linked to mobile (mobile would need to link to 2 bluetooth devices simultaneously>>> landline call bluetooths to mobile which bluetooths to quattro which loops to tcoil).

Really my top priority is to link landline to HA via quattro via an inexpensive (< $200) deskphone with good quality sound. Seems that the phones that link to mobile do NOT also blue tooth to a headset/quattro/streamer.

thank you

— Updated —

Phones that connect landline to mobile via bluetooth all say you can put the mobile on charger or in a place with good reception and use landline phoneset through mobile connection. None say you can use the other way round, that is mobileas the handset (bluetooth linked to landline) and call through the landline connection.

I want to get a Quattro with neckloop and I believe that a mobile with bluetooth will work with that, but I very much want a landline to talk to quattro (I have poor mobile reception and far more expensive than landline calls anyway in Australia).

(I guess anywhere I say quattro you can substitute any bluetooth streamer that communicates with T coil in aids via loop)

Will this Panasonic (or any other of these phones (there are a few brands out now) that feature a bluetooth link to mobile) be able to link by bluetooth to the quattro?

OR
can I use my mobile as the handset that links to quattro, but the deskphone is linked to mobile (mobile would need to link to 2 bluetooth devices simultaneously>>> landline call bluetooths to mobile which bluetooths to quattro which loops to tcoil).

Really my top priority is to link landline to HA via quattro via an inexpensive (< $200) deskphone with good quality sound. Seems that the phones that link to mobile do NOT also blue tooth to a headset/quattro/streamer.

thank you

The Panasonic landline phones with Link to Cell allow the landline handset to make or receive calls over the landline or mobile line. The actual mobile handset has to be in range of the base of the Panasonic and then calls to the cell phone will ring on the Panasonic handset.

The mobile handset does not work as a landline handset.

Then, and completely separate from the above scenario, the Panasonic base can connect to a Bluetooth headset so you can take landline calls hands-free using a Bluetooth headset.

If you have a bluetooth phone device for your hearing aids, the Bluetooth phone device can be that Bluetooth headset that takes landline calls.

Then, the question is, can the Panasonic do both things at the same time, connect to the mobile phone and to a bluetooth headset? I don’t know but I suspect it can.

But, if your Bluetooth phone device can connect to two devices at the same time, it might be simpler to let the mobile and the Panasonic be connected to the Bluetooth device and take calls from each on the hands-free Bluetooth phone device.