Bluetooth default ambient balance and muting for Phonak L90s

Every day when I connect to bluetooth, I set my Ambient balance to 100% Audio and I mute outside sounds. Is there a way to retain these settings in the myPhonak app?

1 Like

For music / audio, it can be set to 100% audio via the audiologist software but not the myPhonak App.

For phone calls, it can’t be done.

1 Like

Thank you for the answer!

1 Like

Oh, that’s good to know, because it’s very annoying to have to do this manually each day, and it’s not always easy because sometimes switching from the (Android) app to the Phonak app closes the stream and the option to set the balance also disappears. Not sure why this isn’t a permanent option to set, even if the specific ambient balance setting isn’t permanent without the audiologist software. Grateful to know this.

You dont have to use the app to mute the mics. Long press (2 seconds) on down volume will mute the mics. If it is not set up for this, your professional can activate.

1 Like

Thanks, I tried this today on my Samsung S22+ and it didn’t work, so I will ask my audiologist about this. Just to clarify, I want to affect the ambient sound balance so that I can hear my BT streams more clearly.

Better yet, have it set permanently by the audiologist if possible :slight_smile:

Uh, hold down volume down (2 secs) on the hearing aid, mutes the hearing aid mics, if set up by your pro.

Ah … thanks for clarifying this, I was trying to mute this via my phone :slight_smile: