Bluetooth connections between Phonak & Oticon

Just thought I’d post my experience of Bluetooth connections between LE Bluetooth and Classic Bluetooth.

I have

• Phonak Sky M70 SP - bought myself.
  • Phonak Naida P70 UP - free issue - NHS.
  • Oticon Xceed 1 UP - free issue - NHS.

——————————————————————

• Phonak seem to have a massive Bluetooth range compared to Oticon. :+1:

• Oticon Xceed Bluetooth range is quite short. :-1:

• Phonak M70 easily connect between iPad and iPhone. :+1:

• Phonak P70 easily connect between iPad, iPhone and laptop. I prefer to turn Bluetooth off, on all devices I’m not using so I don’t get distracted. :+1:

• Oticon Xceed, I find it’s only really good for connecting to one device. Turning Bluetooth off, on one device, doesn’t allow it to connect to the other device. I find I have to turn the device fully off, for the Xceed to connect to the device I want to use. I just leave it connected to one device now, to save messing around. :-1:

• Phonak, have an ear infection in your right ear, you can’t use Bluetooth if you need to keep the HA out. :-1:

• Oticon Xceed, you can choose to stream to left OR right OR both. That’s very useful. :+1:

• Phonak, Bluetooth is always in both ears. :-1:

• Oticon doesn’t always connect in the mornings. :-1:

• Phonak always connects without fail. :+1:

This is just things that I thought I would share. :blush:

Others may have different opinions.

6 Likes

I don’t have experience with oticon. Does xceed connect to android?

I’ve found myphonak app a bit slow to connect.
Phonak bluetooth range is impressive. I can hear phone notifications 20-25 feet away at work with thin walls .It depends on wall thickness.

3 Likes

Oticon Xceed 1 is louder than More 1 in streaming music/voice from iPhone for my hearing loss. Both HA’s connect to iphone easily but one aids at a time. I do not connect HA to computer or ipad. Iphone is the main device for connectivity.

1 Like

Ditto! I get the notifications on my Phonak Lumity Life aids upstairs when my phone is downstairs - live in a concrete bunker here. Even the phone rings from a different floor, and I can ANSWER it and start talking as I stroll downstairs to actually get the phone, LOL!

3 Likes