BlueMoth Experience Box

Has anyone tried BlueMoth Hearing? You upload your audiogram, they select 3 premium hearing aids they say are appropriate programmed to your hearing test, and send them to you to try for 45 days. Audiologists are available online to service them. Sounds like an interesting new sales model.

1 Like

No experience with them, but $5500 seems kind of steep for a strictly online experience.

Yeah it’s interesting, they send all 3 sets from Phonak, Signia and Widex for comparison, pretty good in the sense that you could actually compare on the fly which models you prefer, I didn’t go through to see what you actually have to hand over before they send them tho, could be a lot on your credit card!

Might appeal to those needing first hearing aids and not knowing where to start!

1 Like

Not be a broken record, but Costco seems a much better choice for somebody not knowing where to start. This seems aimed at somebody with $5500 they don’t care about and too short on time to get a real fitting.

I think the in person experience at Costco might be better than online, but this provides access to premium, name hearing aids with the help of an audiologist, all online. It might fit the bill for some hesitant buyers.

I also don’t know - does Costco still carry any premium hearing aids? The Kirkland (Phonak) has not been replaced. The Phillips and Rexton may be house branded versions of Oticon and Signia, respectively, but I’ve not seen that confirmed.

I’ll be interested to hear if they deliver on what they advertise.

1 Like

Costco only sell the premium models of the respective manufacturer,this is a good thing because really everyone should only have this option.
Also I’m thinking this is another good opportunity for those rural areas that just don’t any Audiology clinic/ services anywhere near them.

A couple of things from the FAQ’s:

BLUEMOTH is for adults 18 years and older who have moderate hearing loss. By submitting your hearing exam, we can readily tell you if we are a good match for your needs.

So they only serve customers who are eligible for OTC aids.

As you change, we’ll want to adapt to your new needs. Your hearing aids can be reprogrammed to suit your needs better as you get your routine testing done over their lifespan. We can also help you find new hearing aids that are a better fit if your old technology stops suiting your lifestyle and hearing loss.

Doesn’t say who will do the reprogramming as your hearing drops below moderate loss.