BiCros and Roger licences

Hi all,
I’m trying to help a local guy (UK) who has far more challenging hearing than I.

When I first met him, he told me he had zero hearing on one ear, and it looked like his other HA was an NHS Naida UP with a fully occluded earmould.

I offered to help him. This was a few months ago.

I contacted him at the weekend and I offered to lend him my RogerOn. He got back to me early saying, since we last communicated He had a bicross aid on his deaf ear and what seems to be an Audeo UP. I’m not aware of the NHS doing C.Shells so I’m guessing a Powerdome is being used. He said: “The NHS let him try a Roger Pen for 2 weeks. He said it didn’t help him”. He did say he wasn’t given any instructions how to use it, or how to get the best out of it.

So, I’m guessing Roger License(s) are probably installed, but if not, Would I only need to install one license, in the Audeo with UP RIC?

Cheers
Peter

CROS / BiCROS can have an open dome on them as they are just acting as a microphone and not an actual hearing aid.

Yes you would only install a Roger license in the Naida and not the BiCROS / CROS.

1 Like

Thank you. I’m seeing him on 2nd July. Hopefully, I can help him, by talking him through the features, and how the On will interact with the aid, and both apps

Has he got the Paradise CROS / BiCROS as that only works with the Naida PR rather then the UP. Many people have complained about that.

Paradise CROS / BiCROS is rechargeable as well. Only works with Audeo Rechargeable and Naida Rechargeable.

The previous CROS doesn’t work with licenses.

Not sure what he’s got, and doubt he asked. He did say his main hearing aid now had “its speaker” in his ear, which implies Audeo