I’m stuck in a situation that looks like: my current HAs are better than absolutely nothing (since I have a hearing loss that requires assistance of some kind). The best part is that they don’t whistle too much with this configuration + ear mold, the worst part is that I only get partial benefit from wearing them. Specifically, I miss words even in a quite optimal situation (silent one to one speech) and I need to rely on someone else in more complex settings
The proposed solution (after my last vocal audiogram) was to get new HAs, specifically some BTE should give me enough power to adjust. It’s been months trying to do that, without success. I don’t know if the situation is similar in other places, still – in my experience – here in Italy there is a general “delay” in release-to-the-public, often times some HAs arrives 2 year later and BTE models are way less distributed or not-available for any trial.
I don’t know exactly what to do. I have a working HAs that give me 40% of what it used to give me. I don’t know if it’s way more convenient to wait a year, hopefully for any releases, or if having a not-adjusted-HAs may “compromise” some of the results I had gained over the years. I feel the current limits of my HAs every day, I’m having a hard time switching to another solution (mainly due to logistic and brand policies). I’m aware that a more severe hearing loss implies more frustration with most solutions, and even my fitter (which is also the seller) it’s having a hard time adjusting to it.
So, really any advice would help.