Best way to stream from headphone jack to Phonak L90R?

I’m looking for a way to stream my work computer’s audio directly to my aids (Phonak Lumity 90R). It doesn’t have bluetooth, so I assume this will involve plugging something into the headphone jack. Do I need a Roger device for this, or is there a cheaper option? If Roger, which one is the cheapest way to do this? I’ll probably just buy a used one on ebay. I’m comfortable changing settings in Target.

Thanks in advance!

Phonak Lumity needs Roger Licenses put into the hearing aids as well.

Not as simple as just buying a used Roger Mic on eBay.

Can get quite expensive.

I use a T Coil NeckLoop with my laptop. Not sure your HAs have T Coil tho.

People who don’t want to pay out for the Licenses, use a Roger NeckLoop but your HAs also have to have T Coil for it to work.

1 Like

Bluetooth transmitter. Twenty bucks or so on Ebay.

BTD 800 usb dongle is compatible, you’ll probably be able to find a cheaper option but you can’t guarantee compatibility so make sure you can return it.
Their TV connector can be used with anything with a headphone jack and worthwhile if you’d want to stream TV also.
No need to bother with Roger just for streaming.

5 Likes

If the streaming will occur a lot of the time, the TV connector will save quite a bit of battery vs BT. I have one on each of two computers, one with headphone jack and one with a Toslink adapter to it doesn’t drop out in quiet periods of conferences. I can’t afford the reconnect time when they start talking again and I’m missing it.

WH

You can connect Phonak TV Adapter to any audio source and stream audio to your Phonak aids

Thanks everyone! I’ve ordered a bluetooth dongle, and I’ll probably be back here asking how to work it when it gets here. If that doesn’t work for me, then I’ll look into some pricier options.

2 Likes