Best Strategy for purchasing 1xRoger On & 2xTable Mic II low cost?

I am about to purchase new Phonak Lumity 90s. I really need them working optimally (see my audiogram). I plan to supplement the Lumity 90s by purchasing 1xRoger On & 2xTable Mic II. I am interested in low cost for reliable Roger devices. (I will use 1, 2 or 3 of these devices depending on the size of the gathering, conditions of the conversation, etc.) And I will need to also purchase receiver licenses to transfer into the new Lumity 90’s (so at least one of the devices must be labeled as a “In” device and have the 2 licenses installed and ready to be transferred.)
My current strategy is the following:
Thru Repurpose Sound on eBay I can buy refurbished:
1xtable Mic II In (with 2 licenses) for $550
1xtable Mic II (without licenses) for $200
1xRoger On (without licenses) for $750
Total cost: $1,500 USD This will save me about $400 vs buying the licenses in the 1xRoger On device since the 1xRoger On (with 2 licenses) is $1,500 refurbished at Repurpose Sound and then I would need 2xtable Mic II (without licenses.) (And the best price on a new 1xRoger On (with 2 licenses) (that is a brand new Roger On In) is $1,700.
Repurpose Sound has very good ratings 99.8% on ~ 800 opinions and 30 day return policy.
My questions for the forum:

1. Once I install the licenses from 1xtable Mic II In (with 2 licenses) to my Lumity 90s and connect the 3 Roger devices, can I directly connect the 1xRoger On to the Lumity 90s without turning on the 1xtable Mic II In?
    (I would use this solution when at a small table with just a couple of people when Roger On will be sufficient. Or when talking to one other person while walking. Etc.)
    2. Any better strategy?

Thanks for any suggestions.

You’re finding great prices on the Table Mics II and Roger On. Once licenses are installed, you should be able to directly connect to any of the devices. My concern is if the Audeo Lumitys are suited for your loss. I suspect you’d be better off with a Naida model, but I’m not a professional.

Yes, once you install the receiver licenses to the hearing aids, those hearing aids will be able to connect to other roger microphones.

There are three things you’d like to notice:

1. There are two types of roger receiver licenses: “02” and “03”. The main practical difference is that “03” licenses (what you will get from the Table Mic II IN) don’t support Roger Touchscreen Mic and the “02” licenses do. Both types of licenses do support Roger Table Mic II, Roger On, Roger Select, and older Roger Pen, Roger Clip-On Mic.

2. When making a Roger MultiTalker Network with Roger On and Roger Table Mic II, which means simultaneous using all 3 microphones (1x On + 2x Table Mic II), your Roger On has to be worn by a talker on the chest. In such a case, when you place Roger On on the table or when you hold it in your hand, it will mute automatically. Unmuting Roger On will block the other microphones (Roger Table Mic II) that are connected with the Roger On.

3. In case you’d like to use Roger Table Mic II without Roger On and use Roger On standalone, you may have to set up two Roger Networks. Network 1 is Roger On solo, Network 2 is 2x Roger Table Mic II. The downside of this configuration is that you have to reconnect your hearing aids to Roger microphone (the Roger On or the primary Roger Table Mic II) every time you switching to another Roger Network.

@MDB Thanks for giving me input so quickly. I will definitely check out the Phonak Naida models also with the audiologist that is doing the fitting.

@jedilin Thanks also for your quick response.
I am aware and will take into consideration your Items #1 and 2.
For item 3, how long would it take to switch networks, that is reconnect my HAs to the correct network for my desired use situation?

I’ll say two seconds maybe? The procedure is just to power up your roger microphone, place it near your hearing aid (one at a time), press the connect button on your roger microphone.

I have all the Roger stuff - use it and like it. But if you are new to the Roger stuff I would recommend that you just buy one IN device first and play around with it for a while before getting the others.

@jedilin Great news that it is so quick.

@Psych1 Good suggestion, I will take it into account. So I guess I will start with a refurbished 1xtable Mic II In since this is the first step to get the receiver licenses in a least cost solution. And then later also purchase the other devices without licenses.