Best hearing aids for severe loss

Which hearing aids (batteries only)
is best for severe hearing loss

Looking at your hearing test results my thoughts are most any hearing aids should help you.

Think about Bluetooth. What type phone do you use? Buy aids that are compatible with your phone and other devices that are important to you. TV is another thing to think about.

You will get lots of good help from the members here.
Good luck.

It likely doesn’t make much difference. Any should help. Results depend more on the fitter than the hearing aid. It’s getting increasingly difficult to find late model hearing aids that use disposable batteries instead of rechargeables. I can think of very few use cases where disposables have a distinct advantage. If cost is an issue, you might want to consider Costco.

1 Like

Thanks for posting your audiogram. Your high frequency loss is in the severe range, but your low and mid-range hearing are much better. I have a similar hearing loss. My Signia hearing aids help me a great deal.

This is a common problem. I agree with the other members that any well-fit hearing aid will help a lot. I also agree that the fitter is more important than the brand.

–Steve

Hi,
Phonak and Signia (mine) are both great brands. I think the key is a good audiologist. Mine is excellent and endlessly patient in trying fit my hearing loss. I used to wear BTEs then switched to RICs. I’m ready to return to BTEs.
–Steve

Same for rechargeable really.

Rechargeables have a definite advantage for anybody who is vision or dexterity impaired.

Yes 100% agree, I’m really hoping that we will always have the choice in the future as well.

My crystal ball is no better than anybody elses, but I suspect that disposables will largely disappear in high end RICs. The higher voltage of rechargeables (allowing more features) combined with limited demand for disposables I think will lead to this. I suspect UP aids and aids targeted to a lower price point will retain disposables. Pretty sure my next aids will be rechargeables.

Disposable batteries are still available in all manufacturers at all levels, including all new platforms.

1 Like

My Oticon Mores are not available with disposable batteries, @Neville(unless you have insider information to the contrary).

Oticon More? Phonak Paradise with Tap function?

The Oticon More disposable battery models will come out later in the year.

You’re correct about the tap function, though. The motion sensory requires the rechargeable battery. Not a big loss to live without.

1 Like