Best hearing aids for hands free phone calls with Androids?

You might have a look at the Google Pixel phones. Pure Android, monthly security and bug fixes, and new features drop every quarter.

I am using a Pixle 4a5g, and love it! Also it’s shirt pocket friendly.

2 Likes

When hearing-impaired, stay away from iPhones. They don’t even give you a customizable equalizer, there are only presets, and only for music. Androids offer far, far more sound flexibility including volume boosts, a trusted 3.5 headphone connection, and better pricing options.

Incoming :boom: you’ll be hard pressed to find agreement there!

Methinks that you are misinformed.

As an Android user, claiming iphone is worst because it does not have an equalizer is nonsense … You don’t want to control input volume of frequency bands, the hearing aid auto corrects and try to revert the change and end up messing it up . Use the built in equalizer in the hearing aid app.

3 Likes

While I just moved from the iPhone to the Samsung S23 and have found that the S23 is better for me because I find that calls are clearer and louder and I have found that connectivity to the phone is better but not so much so to the companion app. While I am very happy with the S23 there are features that I am still missing. But hands free isn’t one of them. I never found hands free to be that great because the person on the other end of the call was always complaining about not understanding me. Also I have found that when needed the connect clip is working great with my More1 aids and the S23. But it never did with iPhones.

Except if you also listen to your iPhone with headphones, ofc, to, say, podcasts, like when you engage in sweaty activities… If you look at Apple’s ‘supervised’ app store you will find a zillion ‘equalizer’ apps- and none of those work, as Apple does not allow developers to tweak this. Having both an iPad and an Android phone, I find the latter far more flexible (and louder!), audio-wise. But I understand people are happy in Apple’s walled garden…

1 Like

KS10 aids and inexpensive Samsung Galaxy J2 phone (Tracfone)…absolutely perfect hands free pair of devices.
It is the only way I can have a phone conversation.

:thinking:

(at least 20 characters)

Some like my wife and sister just want to power on the device and use it without having to think about all of the adjustments.
And to be honest after being an IT professional, now retired, I don’t want to deal with it anymore.

1 Like

I was looking at Zen and Pixel for their light install, leaving Motorola as it’s been over two years since my last update. Leaning towards the Pixel, for the flexibility of Verizon’s network.

I suggest buying it unlocked for all bands directly from Google, bestbuy or someone not directly connected to a carrier knowing you can change carriers anytime.

2 Likes

Oh yeah, unlocked for sure. Just Zen don’t have CDMA that Verizon still uses.

I am also using Google Fi which runs on the T-mobile network, and have been pleased with it.

I’d considered Tello, the T-Mo NVMO. rates are comparable to my Vz rates. Still, when a group are out hiking it’s good to have phones on different carriers and I’m the last one on Vz.

When I get my Moments I’ll be doing quite a bit of testing.

Apologies if this horse is sufficiently dead but … I returned my Phonak KS to Costco [cracked speaker-ish sound in left ear, multiple cycles with the lab, no difference]. Now I am on the prowl again. Key question for the forum experts: which OEM [besides Phonak], already has or announced they will have in the near term true hands-free phone calls with Android phones? Logical or not, I am willing to pay extra for this feature !

1 Like

I don’t think anything is a sure thing, but Resound Nexia or Jabra Enhance 20 at least seem possible since they will be LE Audio compatible. Will at best be a very limited selection of Android phones.

1 Like

I believe you can add Unitron to the list.

2 Likes

Unitron is the other Sonova product besides Phonak. Both use classic bluetooth.

1 Like

“ReSound Nexia is equipped with Bluetooth® LE Audio, the new standard for connectivity. It allows multiple simultaneous connections and hands-free calls with other compatible devices, as well as higher sound quality with significantly lower battery consumption.”

GN Hearing pioneers the next era of hearing through sound, design and connectivity with the launch of ReSound Nexia.

2 Likes