Best Hearing Aid Brands 2019

Just skimmed Abram’s report and two things stood out. One was how high Oticon was rated in various categories. Two - wish there would of been a category for “best HA in background noise”, since that is the (Number One) concern of HA users along with general speech understanding.

1 Like

It all depends on your hearing requirements, the worse hearing aid for most could be the best for a few with different types of hearing loss.
Hearing aids aren’t like glasses they design hearing aids for the majority type of hearing loss which leaves the ones with reverse loss and sometimes the ones of us with a form of cookie bite out in the cold. The companies don’t do that great for severe or profound loss either in lots of cases

1 Like

All 6 major companies: Widex, Oticon, Phonak, Resound, Signia and Starkey make pretty sophisticated hearing aids that can do OK with speech in noise. More important than the hearing aid will be the fitting and also details like which dome/mold you use. If speech in background noise is your priority, you’ll likely do best with a remote microphone like Roger or Resound MultiMic.

2 Likes

Who is saying “hearing aids are like glasses”? Did you read my post? By far the "biggest issue HA users have is over all cost and how lousy they perform in background noise. I thought Abram’s report was very good - but it did leave out how HA’s perform in background noise. Now I know that’s some what subjective but if Abram’s report is going to rate “best sound quality” then it should also rate “best sound quality in background noise”. Even consumer report said “background noise” was the main issue HA users have (complaints) when wearing HA in public settings.

I never said hearing aids are like eye glasses just the opposite, I said that a lot of people think that way and it is false