Best domes and recievers

With my Phonak P70T I have custom molds, always had them since my first digital Ha’s 14-15 ears ago, before that I had ITE types analogs, only once did they have to redo a new one for comfort reasons, the vent hole (1 in each) is supposed to be sized to your hearing loss, my receivers are 2P in both ears, I really have had no issues with them all this time. If they don’t fit after fitting my Audi will replace them.

1 Like

I had issues with Power Domes too. And with my audiologist. Hindsight, I would have preferred having their choice and one size smaller. I went back to previous domes, and fired the audiologist.

edit: issue was that I heard much worse; the power domes were extremely uncomfortable. When I complained their response was that I needed new hearing aids. With no explanation.

DaveL
Toronto

Went to the see audiologist this morning. My ear canals were apparently too small for slim tips so they made me c-shells with custom vent. The comfort so far is vastly superior to domes and streaming is good. I am finding some occlusion effect. It’s not too bad (apart from hearing myself eating) so hopefully I will quickly get used to it

2 Likes

Power receivers should handle that loss fine. Surprised you feel occluded. I have power domes but i push them all the way in to the bony part of the canal, and they are super comfortable and no occlusion.

@PhonakParadise I really like the Oticon Grip Tips. They are shaped like a hollow c-shell but made of soft material. They come in two sizes (not custom made). I find them more comfortable than any kind of domes.

1 Like