Bernafon zerena 9 bluetooth issue - fixable?

Hi, I’ve been really happy with these HAs for 6 years now. A week ago a fault developed and I wonder if it’s fixable? About 10 seconds after the HAs power up I get an arpeggio series of tones and the bluetooth switches off - first in the left ear and then in the right. Switching off/on repeats this. If I don’t use the left HA then the right one functions perfectly - no error tone and bluetooth works fine.

There is a secondary issue in that the physical button on the rear of the left HA is difficult to press. It’s lost its spring and only works when some pressure is applied.

I visited the hearing aid centre today but no error report appeared when devices were connected to Noah (and whatever the other software they use is). Firmware appears to be v3.1 with no notification about an available update. the guy said they’re not fixable and I should consider updating! I appreciate that these are tiny devices and that what’s likely to have happened is that the button has gone on the left ear and this is the faulty one.

Does anyone have any alternative viewpoint on this please? Is it worth getting the left HA looked at (I’m assuming there will be a charge)?

Thanks for all advice!

I have Bernafon Alpha HAs and over the last couple of weeks I have had problems with bluetooth cutting out, usually the left ear. I think this is a HA fault as is happens on both iphone and ipad. Sometimes it can take quite a while to pair them up again. It is very frustrating especially during a phone call.