Bernafon SoundGate 3 and other Bernafon BT accessories

I have recently purchased the Juna 9’s from Costco (my first programming is but a week away!) and they included at no additional cost a Bluetooth streamer called the SoundGate 3 (Normally $190) I see from previous posts elsewhere that the SoundGate 2 was not a stereo device. Does anyone who has the “3” version know if this has been upgraded? How does bluetooth effect battery life? Is the sound quality diminished in any way in your opinion?

What about the other three Bluetooth optional accessories? The Microphone ($190), the TV streamer ($150) and the Telephone Streamer ($120) if you have one or more of these devices, do you like them? Are they a good value? I’d appreciate any feedback. (No pun intended.) :wink:

Plus there is an iPhone app that streams BT from the cell phone to the HAs. Worthwhile…or just a fancy gimmick?

Hi,

I´m sorry, I don´t know. But, may I ask, If you do have the device, why don´t you try it? If you, for instance, listen to Bohemian Rhapsody, after easy come - easy go, you have on one side: little high - on the other: little low, if this doesn´t come clearly at different sides, it´s not stereo.

But, apart from giving a somewhat useles answer, do you like the junas? I´m getting Junas to try tomorrow, I´m very curious!

Best regards,

Musician_72

The SoundGate 3 is still mono. Compared to the SoundGate 2, it adds support for the SoundGate iPhone app and the SoundGate Mic.

Musician_72, you are 6 days ahead of me. I don’t get my Juna 9’s until next Thursday. But I can’t wait to check them out.

Dang! That’s what thought since I couldn’t find anything that referred to stereo capability Rasmus. Thanks!

Hi Sign here,

I will surely post a first impression here (probably in a different thread).

In general: Will you get an open fitting? If so, streamed sound will never be as good as sound via loudspeakers, because you won´t get enough bass. In your case, I guess that amplification will start at about 2k, frequencies below will go directly through the open dome and be “natural”. The streamed sound would be hearing aid only, and even if you get a different profile for streamed sound (enhancing frequencies that won´t be amplified for normal sound), you won´t get enough bass because of the open fitting.

So, for music the streamer won´t help you much. For phone calls you will have to try. Good luck!

I don’t have the Bernafon Soundgate, but I do have the Oticon Streamer which is the same thing. I use it primarily as a remote and for cellphone use. I also have the TV Adapter and the Telephone Adapter: I use the TV adapter, but I usually only use it when I’m trying to listen to something when others are in the same room talking and it works very well at filtering out those talking and letting me hear what is being said on the TV. I rarely use the Telephone Adapter because it has a tendency to cut out unexpectedly. My sister has the Microphone and likes it, since it lets her hear in those situations when she would otherwise have problems.

Great Musician_72, I look forward to hearing about your experiences. Thursday can’t come soon enough for me!

seb, I suspected as much. Thanks for your post. I’ll probably skip both for the time being as I’m an empty-nester now, and rarely have people over when the TV is on.

Hey SignInHere,

I´ll probably write something tomorrow. As for the weekend, the first impression is very promising, but there are some issues with the settings that will be adressed tomorrow, and I don´t want to write too much about something that´s due to wrong settings (my audi is not to blame, I made some suggestions, which were, probably, wrong). Note that in my case its a bit of trial and error because of my hyperacusis. The aids must not get too loud, but on the other hand, if you constrict them too much, the sound is changing all the time, because the softer the sound, the more gain, and as I have gain in the high frequencies only, I get a sharp sound with soft noises, a dampened sound with louder noises.

But my first impression is good, and they are very comfortable to wear, and good for music.

Best Regards,

Musician_72

Great news! Can’t wait to hear more. Literally.

I´ve started a thread about it.