Bernafon SAPHIRA 5 - looking for software and necessary hardware to program

These HAs might be too old to find programming help with, but my 94 yo mom wears these, and is being told by her HCP they are as loud as they can get. Me being stubborn, and now knowing a fair bit about programming my widex, phonak and beltones, am wondering if the software and any peripherals exist for the DIY to work on The Bernafon Saphira 5s. I’d like to see if I can help her. Thanks

Yeah good on you for trying to help out, but what’s the exact model of saphira 5, BTE, RIC? As there’s quite a few different models with different programming device’s requirements, the good thing is some are compatible with the FittingLink wireless programming device, so that would make things much easier, unfortunately a bit expensive tho, there’s also the HiPro and cables as well, but a bit of a hassle to set up depending on what PC you have (make it min windows 7 for ease of use)

Thanks - yeah, I want her to enjoy her precious time, and she’s been having trouble hearing lately. Her HCP said her current hearing aids are maxed out, but knowing what I know about some HCPs (trying to upsell) and how much I now know about programming myself, I might discover otherwise.

I believe they are RIC (from seeing them), but am having her care-worker check and get back to me. When she does I’ll come back to this thread, in case you have added information. (I’m in the US and she’s in Canada, so it’s a trip home if I’m going to do this, and I’m due to go see her anyway).

not sure I should be getting all of the perphherals, or maybe we just get a used set of Phonaks and I can fit her with those and call it a day.

Her audiogram is pretty stable and has been since 2018, almost the life of her current hearing aids, so no good reason why she’d need a new pair, or why they can’t be turned up. also, her hearing loss falls between 40 and 70, mostly all in the moderate area dipping to almost severe across the spectrum.

Seems worth exploring, but I don’t know what to get for connection, and my PC is more recent. Simple laptop I use for compass and Target.

thanks again

Yeah so looking at her audiogram and the fact your set up with Phonak and have target experience, it’s a no brainer to go with a used pair from eBay or somewhere similar, you’ll save a bit of hassle in the long run, and quite possible to set up remote support, but I’d recommend being with her at the time for any adjustments.

Good luck.